1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

A Big Welcome to Salem Straub! Promethean Knives!

Discussion in 'Promethean Knives by Salem Straub' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, May 16, 2012.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator

Jan 9, 2011
    I just saw the new subforum and wanted to give Salem a big welcome!

It is really cool to see the subforum, it will be a serious asset to our community.

I just can't say enough good about Salem and his knives!!! He is a really great guy and his knives are the best.

2. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Daniel, thanks bud! You're officially the first to post a new thread in this forum, I wondered who it would be and it's cool it's Mr. Daniel Fairly. Thanks for the advice the other day too, I think it worked for me. Keep grinding those nice plunges!

3. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey I just noticed this new one down here too! Good to see you got a "home base!" I've been secret fan of your work for quite a while now, I'm gonna keep my eye one you! Hopefully I can get some money saved up before you really bring in the big bucks!

Oh, and do expect to get a liars club, full of BS'ers and coffee drinkers that show up on a regular basis! You'll probably see me here somewhat often!

-Xander

4. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Ah yes, we can sit around the cooler with our feet propped up and trade exaggerations. Looking forward to it! As for raking in the big bucks, well I think that you still have a comfortable amount of time to get in the door before that happens...

5. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I would join in with a long post filled with accolades for Salem's superb work....but might he might call me didactic :)

...so I'll just say ,"Hi."

6. Mike Davis

Mike Davis

Feb 7, 2006
    :) There goes the neighborhood....

7. Carl_First_Timer

Carl_First_Timer

Dec 6, 2010
    Alright Salem. I'll be stopping by here and there.

8. Salem Straub

Oct 20, 2008
    Ah man, yeah Mike I'm gonna be walking over and knocking on your door to borrow a cup of borax or some welding rod now and then... but I'll bring a beer with me. How's that?

Stacy, you are DIDACTIC! OF course that's always meant as a compliment from me. Thanks.

Carl, I do hope you'll drop in from time to time. Thanks for the comment!

9. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Welcome Salem!