A Few Custom Orders

Hey everyone, just wanted to post a few custom orders I recently finished.

First up is a Damascus EDC Neck Knife with a full saya and a tethered mekugi. Furniture is wenge and spalted maple + leather and copper and mosaic pins

u4kau0n.jpg

hJIZYCW.jpg

PdU68pN.jpg

1U2Rq0B.jpg

Q2ZAts0.jpg

Next up is an extended blade version of the cleaver, this time with a horizontal leather hip holster. Furniture is a nice cut of cocobolo + copper and mosaic pin.

jpGsMqQ.jpgs

MBuX4eZ.jpgs

UZud5LI.jpgs

izx7kvn.jpgs

PXdaTPs.jpgs

Finally, a damascus friction folder. Blade is a drop point, furniture is walnut with a bubinga spacer and copper pins

iMV1Dvo.jpg

kaHXHqm.jpg

6FOoZuN.jpg

oMxAo4U.jpg

IbvoKHq.jpg

Thanks for looking! All comments/discussion welcome
-Grant

Very nice, like the friction folder. Just starting to look at such knives. Can you tell me how you like the stability, grip of such a knife in the hand? I know the hand keeps it in place when opened, would that cause any rubbing issues on palm when used? Thanks for your time. Carry options?

Thank you! Yeah, the stability on these blades are pretty comparable to a locking blade IMO. They have a pseudo lock, basically a small pin mechanically stops the blade from opening further than it's supposed to. When you are using a blade like this 99% of the time pressure is being put perpendicular to the edge of the blade, and all of that force is absorbed by the pseudo lock not your hand. Really the only time you'd ever have to use your hand to physically keep the blade open is if pressure was being put on the spine of the blade which doesn't really happen during normal use. So I wouldn't imagine you'd have a problem with it rubbing or blistering your hands/fingers! I hope that helps a little, it's somewhat hard to explain the concept of these knives just through writing, the best thing you could do is find one in real life and just get some hands on experience to see how well you like the style of friction folders before making a big purchase.

As for carry options, I've always just carried these in my front pocket, you could add a wire clip to the side of the handle on a knife like this that would help with that. I also have always thought it would be cool to make a tiny leather holster to hold the blade in, but maybe that's just me haha :)

Very nice work!!

Back