1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

A Pocket Cutlass / Camp Cutlass Comparison

Discussion in 'Newberry Knives' started by Allen Newberry, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    [​IMG]

At the recent Arkansas Custom Knife Show I had Chuck Ward take a photo of a Camp Cutlass and a Pocket cutlass together. The pocket cutlass is about 6 1/2'' overall and has a blade length of almost 3 1/4''. And the Camp Cutlass is 9 1/4'' in overall length and the blade is about 5'' in length. The Pocket Cutlass is handled in G-11 and the Camp Cutlass has Arizona Desert Ironwood for it's handles.

2. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I hope to add one to my Newberry collection in the future Allen,but first the chopper!
    That Camp Cutlass is amazing BTW.

3. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    I am looking forward to finishing that one up myself!

4. monarh99

monarh99

Nov 13, 2007
    I really like that Camp Cutlass ! the Iron wood is awesome

5. DylanMW

DylanMW

Jan 31, 2012
    I just got a Newberry Pocket Cutlass in a trade and so far I LOVE this knife! I kinda wish I had a smaller sheath that didn't cover so much of the handle but other than that, it is amazing!

6. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    What are specs on the camp cutlass?

7. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    The Camp Cutlass is 9 1/4'' in overall length and the blade is about 5'' in length. The handles are Arizona desert ironwood and the steel is clay quenched 1095.

8. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks, looks great!!

9. protourist

protourist Sailin' a reach before a followin' sea. Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I absolutely love that blade shape. You have certainly gotten my attention.:thumbup:

10. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    Thanks! I am working on a slightly larger version at the moment. So, hopefully there will be another in the cutlass line up in the next few months.