1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

A2 Tanto Photos! Sold Out, Thanks!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator

Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jwaj

jwaj

Dec 19, 2002
    Nice job on those Daniel. I like the looks of the top one with scales however the one with cord would be great if concealment was an issue.

4. MasterPisaster

MasterPisaster

Apr 15, 2012
    Those look great! Nice work!

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks! Yes both have their advantages, I have a hard time deciding which I like the most.

Much appreciated!

Here are some more!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  6. sloth357

sloth357 Platinum m0f0 Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Does this mean you are on the sheaths for these? ETA of package complete? send money now? what up boss?

edit: just remembered that your wife will be making the leather streamlined pocket sheaths.. so I suppose a little longer, no worries. I'm all patience. HURRY THE F UP! :D

And I'll pay now if $ is important sooner than later. lemme know, l8.

7. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    BAM! Sheaths! :D Actually all the sheaths are done! Yay!!!!

I used to make sheaths as the final step but now sharpening is last. (and that is done too!) Send me lots of money.

[​IMG]

8. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Last pic, first post: that's a beautiful blank canvass right there! Daniel, I must say, I asked for a bare bones knife, I planned to finish out myself and you went above and beyond to deliver a knife that can stand on its own!

I know I have many other projects to finish up, but this one jumps to number two on the list, right behind my mini!

-Xander

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks! That is great to hear, I was worried the photos didn't come out so great... looks better in person I think.

What are you planning for the handle? Be sure to keep us posted.

10. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    Those look great Daniel. But the green rayskin looks the best to me! He, He.

11. sloth357

Jan 5, 2011
    btw, this is your 3rd run of knives??? you did a run of bushcrafters? (help me out, how many in that run?)

then you did a run of legal EDCs? (how many there?)

and now A2 tantos.. (yes, how many?)

doh, I guess the run of 7 choppers would be a run.. and I know how many are in that one :D

Did you do just a run of EDCs recently too? (how many?)

What is the next run? (Ti run?) and are you still doing one ofts and custom requests?

12. PGeo00

PGeo00

Jan 27, 2012
    Oh Yes! That baby's going to get lots of use for sure :thumbup:

13. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Nice work Daniel!
    Love those BIG tubes!

14. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    :D Thanks!

One off's and customs - Absolutely!

Currently I am holding off on orders until I get more caught up, I'm still working on knives ordered last year.

I do want to focus on offering proven designs and doing small custom runs where customers pick the options. I'm also hoping to do runs of one style of knife all done the same way.

I'm trying to support my family and plan on making it long term as a maker. Customer input will dictate my future plans.

Officially next - mixed run of 8 knives, orders and new designs. They are profiled but not drilled or heat treated yet.

After that - more orders, including D2 Tantos and Ti Bottle Opener Knives, I hope to have a few extras to sell

Later this month or early next - Credit Card Knives

I'm going to focus on older orders until I am more caught up, after that I want to switch to doing more custom runs. Customers pick the options but there will be way less wait time. I stopped taking orders a while back and still have an entire full notebook of knives to make.

Great to hear! It is a nice size for all sorts of cutting.

Much appreciated!

15. mr_badexample

mr_badexample Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Daniel the toxic green scales with stonewashed finish looks great. Just in time for fathers day! Woo hoo me!

So much going on here. I like the sound of credit card and Ti bottle opener knives!! Can I get on the list for either if there is a list?!

Thanks,

Brian

16. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks!

I'll put you on the lists! I haven't started any official threads yet for signup but I need to, I'm getting a ton of pre orders. :D lol I'll have pics of them in a couple of weeks or so.

17. mr_badexample

mr_badexample Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Great. I like the ones that allow time to save a bit.

The Japanese wrap tantos look so "right" to me. What's up with the choil on the red days king one? Did someone request it?

18. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Sounds good. The choil was just to try something different on one, that one will be for sale along with the black/silver tracer and the white rayskin tanto.

19. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I'm going to start notifying everyone on these, they are officially finished!

Available Incognito sales area! Only three left and they are priced to move... the wraps are permanent and epoxy soaked.

Red Rayskin - $100 shipped, includes the kydex sheath

White Rayskin - $100 shipped with kydex sheath

Black Cord with Reflective Tracers - $85 shipped with kydex sheath (the cord is Glock Black with 3m tracer, can be spotted with a flashlight from up to 100 feet! gutted and double wrapped cord)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  20. sloth357

Jan 5, 2011
    What!