1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

AEB-L Chef in Koa and Bog Oak bolsters *SOLD*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    We are now settled in our new home and it feels good to be back in the shop!
    I've got a chef up for sale here in AEB-L, Koa and Bog Oak. Good Koa is getting harder to find and more expensive but it is just amazing stuff. The blade is flat ground with the lower 1/4 convex to aid in food release. There is some distal taper but the spine retains some rigidity so there's not a lot of flex. I think this would make for an nice all around kitchen slicer for someone. Thanks for looking!

Specs:
    OAL: 12.5"
    Blade: 7.5" long, approx. 2" heel height, 600 grit hand sanded satin finish, convex lower 1/4 down to 0.005" before sharpening, distal taper.
    Steel: 0.11" AEB-L heat treated by Peter's to RC61,
    Handle: Stabilized Koa (by K&G), Bog Oak bolsters with black paper micarta and white G10 liners.

$SOLD shipped CONUS
    International buyers welcome, shipping extra.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me (robertericksonknives at gmail dot com) for payment arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Nice work Robert!

3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks Brock!

4. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    I wanted to try and better capture the movement of the Koa so I took a quick video. Hopefully this works.

[​IMG]

5. VCM3

VCM3 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 26, 2005
    This is a gorgeous chef knife. Excellent work Robert :thumbup:

6. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you!

7. Brotherdale

Brotherdale

May 29, 2016
    Good to see you are back up and running,
    Another beautiful knife.
    I got to show mine off during the holidays and everyone was very impressed. The knives you made for me have exceeded my expectations.

8. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks Dale I'm glad to hear it!

9. kauaihunta

kauaihunta

May 5, 2012
    I'll take it

10. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    It's yours, Jeremiah, thank you!