1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

African Shango throwing knife

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Bladestappedkiller, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tryppyr

tryppyr KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 5, 2010
    Like this?

[​IMG]

2. NickWheeler

NickWheeler

Dec 3, 1999
    Is a "Bladestappedkiller" kind of like a "Blade strapped killer"..... just slightly more aerodynamic??? :foot: :) ;)

3. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Doesn't Chris Reeve make one of those ??

4. Bobby Branton

Bobby Branton Moderator Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 12, 1998
  5. bluejaunte

bluejaunte

Sep 1, 2006
    "Hunga Munga"? I say, "hubba hubba!"

[​IMG]

:D

Looks like an absolute bear to forge.

6. tryppyr

tryppyr KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 5, 2010
    Maybe it was meant to be cast, not forged.... ;)

7. Dan Pierson

Dan Pierson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 24, 2003
    They are a traditional African design. I first saw them in Stone's Glossary back when I was a teenager --
    don't know how old the ones in his collection were but clearly long before any of the current knife crazes
    or movies.

Given that, I'm pretty sure they were village blacksmith work. They certainly weren't finely finished.

8. Patrice Lemée

Patrice Lemée

Aug 13, 2002
    Better known as a blind man throwing knife!
    You're bound to hit "something"! :D

9. SBuzek

SBuzek KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 7, 2006
    tryppyr
    You gonna do a WIP:rolleyes::D:D
    Stan

10. tryppyr

Feb 5, 2010
    Hmmmm... let me think about that, Stan. ;)

11. giant1

giant1

May 9, 2007
    That knife?? thing?? looks like it would do just as much damage to the holder as it would to anything or one else:D

Also........
    How heavy do you reckon that hammer is that the girl is holding? Strong girl..........