1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

AK-2 Variant

Discussion in 'Alfa-Knives by Damon Lusky' started by mistwalker, Aug 1, 2016.

1. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I finally got a chance to check out my first Alfa Knife in the field, and AK-2 variant. I have been watching Damon's work since he was working with Dylan and have liked the style and the designs. I am really liking the knife a lot for my style of use of a field knife for my work.

The way it came

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice kydex sheath. I have added cord and a cord lock. I have worn it inside-belt, reversed on strong side, and it draws well there, and is not in my way for getting in and out of the truck. I have also attached it to my water bottle kit, and it works out well there too.

[​IMG]

I really like the overall profile very much. The clip is well suited to my use of a knife tip in the woods. I like a fine point for a lot of things. I love the contours of the handle, it is comfortable and provides for a very secure purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The balance is great for my uses, it balances just forward of the first finger, so it is slightly blade heavy. I like how that helps with inertia development in snap cuts getting pesky briers out of my way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been carrying to work with me, and on my explorations. I'll put together a proper review of it soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lyco.woodsrunner

lyco.woodsrunner

Jul 1, 2016
    I also love my AK-2 variant. Picked it up at Damon's table this past Bladeshow. I will post some photos if I can ever figure out how to....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. lyco.woodsrunner

lyco.woodsrunner

Jul 1, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. damon lusky

damon lusky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 14, 2013
    The one you got from blade was this ones big brother :)

5. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Have you considered doing a little brother for this one?