And the winner is....

As said before, congrats to team Kershaw! I too will look into that Shun Taiyo.

Man. I'm loving that new Shun:thumbup: I mean they all look fantastic but the Taiyo really sticks out to me.

From KAI

This is the award winning Taiyo from Shun; the 2012 Kitchen Knife of the Year. This will be a very limited edition piece, and we probably won't be making a whole line of these. The blade style is a Japanese kiritsuke, a style favored by Japanese master chefs and used for the wide range of cutting tasks as the chef's knife.

Dam you guys are making be work hard this year haha..

I was lucky enough to have to opportunity to handle both the 0600 and the 0888 at the Show...and it's absolutely no mystery to me how these 2 won awards.
Both are a true pleasure in the hand and are definitely on my want list. :thumbup:

Congrats to ya on your armload of awards! :)

Congrats.
My problem is - the kershaws are almost cheap compared to all the Shun's I keep buying.
Maybe next year, you can combine the awards and have the Shun also win a best buy? I would appreciate it;)

You all just keep making it harder and harder to top yourselves, but you always pull it off. Good job and congratulations.

Stunning knives, well deserved, especially 0600. Congratulations!

I think we can afford to brag a little. :cool:

Kitchen Knife of the Year - Shun Taiyo
KitchenKnife-ShunTaiyo.jpg

I can find precisely nothing on the entire internet about this knife, this is the first picture I've seen, can we have some specs?

Cleaned the house :p But is it really a surprise to anyone? You guys are seriously setting a huge bar =]. Btw that shun taiyo.... my god that is absolute masterpiece, I would want to cook every chance I get with that beauty

My finger prints were all over every one of those knives. The composite blade 888 is unreal. Congrats to the whole crew.

+1
This is great achievement.
Can you tel us, please when ZT0600 will be available? Will it be regular or limited production?
Thank you in advance.

Both the 0600 and 0888 will be limited production. There will be about 1000 pieces of the 0600 and only 250 pieces of the 0888. Neither one will be in production until summer 2013, so you are going to have a long time to save up and drool over some pretty pictures. ;)

The Cryo should be hitting stores later this summer.

And thanks to all for the congrats. We're pretty excited about it around here. You're support means a lot!

I can find precisely nothing on the entire internet about this knife, this is the first picture I've seen, can we have some specs?

There's not a whole lot of information out on it yet. Taiyo means "sun" in Japanese. It'll be very limited production, to be released sometime 2013. MSRP will be around $500. I don't know yet which stores will be selling them, sorry.

It is an 8 inch chef knife, made from 100% awesomeness. Heat treated for 3 whole days at a tempurature of freaking amazing. The knife is then becomes super cool on its own, and if left in a room unobserved for 14 day, Schrodinger's mini giraffes (as seen here [1]) will spontaneously appear and complete the patterning in the blade and handle.

[1] http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4LLfYEvFX3s/TjBKI0uVGnI/AAAAAAAAPPA/Q0XSd457ngg/s1600/DirecTV-Russian.jpg

Last edited:
Back