Annoying "Made in China" sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize labeling the country of origin is a legal necessity and all, but I had to spend the last several minutes cleaning goop off my new Feist's blade. This is not how I want to celebrate a new purchase (especially since the smell of rubbing alcohol can trigger my migraines). Kizer, please consider using less aggressive adhesive for such stickers in future.

Try acetone (nail polish remover) or Goo Gone. Much easier.

Alternatively, use the knife and a little adhesive won't be noticeable.

The Feist is a dress knife for me. I want it to look nice. If it was for hard use then yes, it'd be less of an issue.

i got a nomad....sticker came off pretty easy and residue rubbed off with a finger. didnt have to do chemicals. maybe sitting in the 95f degree mailbox all day before i got it loosened it up?

Would you rather it be engraved on?... I was very pleased when I saw it on my first Kizer instead of some extra engraving. I love the sticker. So far mine have all come off very easily.

My Vanguard Laconico Intrepid didn't have a sticker.

Could be a return.
I recently bought a Dorado Skully and immediately removed the sticker. Then I discovered a few flaws and returned it.

Not necessarily a returned product...
I'm a dealer for Kizer and always remove the sticker before sending the knives to my customers... I inspect every single knife (not only Kizer's) before shipping it so removing the sticker is not that much extra work with the help of a special "sticker removing liquid". I have to admit though that sometimes those stickers leave some glue that is hard to remove even when using e.g. alcohol. Thats why I'm using that special liquid.

The best way to take sticker goop off of something is to take some clear scotch tape and dab at it taking a bit of the goop off each time. Being a collector of all sorts of retail things, I deal with this all the time. I've done this with cardboard packaging without damaging it, much less a steel blade. If you need to be more aggressive, use quicker motions. This will still work even if you made the goop worse. In fact sometimes it helps with more stubborn goop

Best trick ever is Zipp lighter fluid. Cause it's really cheap. They also make a Zipp lighter fluid Keychain so you can put it on your keys. I use this to clean off my blades when cutting boxes up, it gets all the stickers /labels that get stuck on the blades. Apply it let it sit for a few moments and rub it off with something (microfiber or whatever)

No removing needed anymore... Kizer does not put that "Made in China" sticker on their knives anymore! Their will be some stock at the dealers with the sticker but all the knives that ship from the factory come without the sticker. Kizer listens to their customers!

Most, "Made in China", products that I have used are shit and break easily. I want to see more, "Made in USA products", and less, "Made in China", products in local stores.

Most, "Made in China", products that I have used are shit and break easily. I want to see more, "Made in USA products", and less, "Made in China", products in local stores.
Incredibly uninsightful post on a 5 year old thread, you are off to a tremendous start.

M MGRed04

Take a week to familiarize yourself with the rules of this site, and the culture. Jumping in with two feet on hot button matters that don't belong in the knife discussion area is a bad look, and a bad start.

If after a week you don't feel like you want to participate, just log out...or we can help with that if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back