1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Another Passaround! Sign up here

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by KFU, Mar 15, 2012.

1. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Ok, well I made this knife for me but I have received more interest in it than any other knife I have made. I decided to do a passaround with it so you guys can see if you like it. Remember, this thing was made for my hands so it might not fit everyone. What I would like is some feedback on how I should make it for the public. I already know a thinner handle would be better suited and more of an angle at the front of the scales. I also need a name for it! Same rules as last time. Post if you are in and lets limit it to 8 because I would like to get it back before June 1st. ONLY MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM OR ANYONE WITH A 100% FEEDBACK RATING ARE ELIGIBLE. Use it for a week or so and contact the next person for their address. Shipping is on the sender.
    The handle on this one is over an inch thick so if you have small hands you might want to think twice about throwing your name in!
    [​IMG]

1.mrn8-shipped to on 03/21
    2.mtn wildman
    3.tinwiskers
    4.ac700
    5.rockywolf
    6.arcadiaknives
    7.vik
    8.rwt
    9.tek77

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Count me in, please!

3. Mountain Wildman

Mountain Wildman

Aug 29, 2010
    Count me in please.
    I was going to suggest a pass around on this one.

4. tinwiskers

tinwiskers

Jul 10, 2008
    I would like to participate

5. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Waitin' for the Camp Knife PA.
    Love that handle & blade finish though.

6. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    I'd like to be one of the 8, but if there ends up being a lot of guys that didn't get on the first passaround that want in on this one you can feel free to give them my spot.

7. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    May I participate?

8. KFU

Sep 10, 2007
    Your in ac!
    Love for you to be part rockywolf

9. arcadiaknives

arcadiaknives

Sep 19, 2008
    I'd really like to give it a workout Chris! Have wanted to get my hands on one of your knives for a while now.

10. KFU

Sep 10, 2007
    Updated

11. 6shooter

6shooter

Sep 12, 2009
    I'd ask to join up, but you probably won't send it to Canada for a passaround, and I'm ordering one anyways:p.

I posted it up in the other thread in W+SS, but with the fat, comfy handle, how bout the Fattycrafter?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  12. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm in if any spaces are left.

13. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    I am in as well. You are on my list for a custom

14. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    I am dying to try this one just for the handle. That has been my biggest issue with factory knives and one of the reasons I started following you, Bill, Ray and Koster here. You all make handles big enough for my arthritic hands. If I don't make the list I can live with it, but will probably beg after the pass around is done to just get my hands on it to try out the handle.

15. tek77

tek77 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    I'm totally in on this one :thumbup:.....hope there's still room. If not, I'll buy it:D.
    Haven't been so excited 'bout a knife in a while. It's a good feeling.

16. KFU

Sep 10, 2007
    Alright, thats nine in. Thanks guys and I will get it shipped out monday.

17. tek77

tek77 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Thanks Chris.

18. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Thanks Chris! Looks like a great blade.

19. Mudbug007

Mudbug007

Nov 29, 2010
    Dogonit! Late to the party!! That looks like a real sweet knife Chris! That handle shape is one of my favorite but most of my knives that I like the most are about .700 to .850 or so wide. Really depends on the blade. It'll be interesting to see what everyone thinks of the thicker scales!

20. KFU

Sep 10, 2007
    I forgot i had calipers donald. Its .968 at the swell and .850 at the front