1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Antique Schrade Bone Handled Switchblade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Production Knives (Individual)' started by junkfan04, Jun 17, 2009.

1. junkfan04

junkfan04

Feb 26, 2009
    This would be what I think is the US paratroopers knife made by Schrade. I am guessing this one dates around WWII. I purchased this one from Jim Sargent personally. Jim had it cleaned professionally by Jim Fox from Knoxville, TN. Fox is one of the very best in professionally restoring the finish to knives and Sargent uses him for all of his cleaning. The spring on this knife works well and it has a smooth action. It sits down in the handle like it should and opens all the way with the release. There is a very small amount of side to side movement in the blade when it is locked open. This knife is very clean and will be a great addition to your collection.

If you look at the tang on the opposite side of the stamped one, you can see there are some minor pits that Jim wasn't able to clean out without damaging the thickness of the blade.

My asking price is $275 or your best offer Price Drop - Now $250 -- Now $230 -- REMOVED.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. junkfan04

junkfan04

Feb 26, 2009
    Time for a price drop... Now $250 shipped!

3. junkfan04

junkfan04

Feb 26, 2009
    Ok, this will be my last price drop and then I will have to remove it..... The price is now $230 shipped and insured. Thanks!

4. junkfan04

junkfan04

Feb 26, 2009
    Hey guys, heads up, I will be pulling this one in the morning if there isn't any interest building in it.

5. junkfan04

junkfan04

Feb 26, 2009
    Thank everyone for looking.. I have now removed this knife... Watch for more!