1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

anyone EDC a Case Eisenhower pen, or a canoe?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by James Y, Sep 9, 2012.

1. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    The Canoe is probably my favorite Case pattern, but I don't see much about it being used as an EDC. I like the fact that the blades are straight and are thin, which equals a nice cutting edge, and yet they are solid. I actually find myself using the smaller blade more, such as for opening clamshell packages, etc. My only issues, if I have any, are that when I'm using the smaller blade, the larger blade can make the grip a bit uncomfortable at times, and sometimes the blades can be tough to open, especially when your nails are soft from being damp.

I'm considering getting an Eisenhower, it looks like a classic dress knife. If anyone EDC's one, what uses have you put it to?

Jim

2. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    I've been eyeballing a Eisenhower, I wish Case made one in CV.

3. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    Nvm, thought I had one but I don't!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  4. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    Is that a Eisenhower or a 6201? I thought the Eisenhower was 3 1/8" closed?

5. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    I learn something every day :) I thought they were one and the same. I'll edit my post. This is a 6201 and is apparently smaller than the Eisenhower, 6263.

6. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    That's cool only reason, I have a 6201( my first Case ) didn't want to order a Eisenhower and have it arrive and it be the same. Are there any CV Eisenhowers ?

7. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I have carried an Eisenhower but it's been awhile. I just used mine for light duty stuff like I do with all my knives. Shrink wrap, tape, string, nylon banding, etc. To be honest, I wish I had the opportunity to use them a little harder or at least more often.

If you like the looks of the Eisenhower then I'm sure you would like it once you got it in your hand.

Here's mine in Aquamarine Bone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I EDC a CV Amber bone Canoe quite regularly. It's one of my favorite traditional folders.

[​IMG]

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    How about trying a GEC Conductor? They come in carbon or stainless.

For me, this pattern is THE small knife. Very decent sized blade, very well finished too.

10. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Here is my Queen Canoe in D2
    A favorite of mine

[​IMG]

11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    Yep; I hold it in the same fondness as my much beliked #47s, and this one is CV as well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]