1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Armor

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by driwash, Mar 6, 2017.

1. driwash

driwash Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Okay Birdhunter, see what you started, here is mine, I was a Tank Commaner in the Army with the 2nd Armored Division (FWD) US Cavalry 2/1 Cav D Troop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

3. Eliteone2383

Eliteone2383

Jun 26, 2015
    Thats awsome!!

4. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hmm... I read his post and thought about using my cross rifles, but my thinking was the cheap finish on the rifles would wear off. They are similar to your sabers and tank insignia. Is yours holding up well?

Thoughts?

5. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    That's cool!

6. driwash

Nov 13, 2013
    I just did this and will have to see how it holds up, it the shinny stuff comes of I will powder coat it and reinstall.

Tom

7. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Just wanted to show my "Dolphins" inspired by another forum member!Dirty old BG 42 large user reg !!!

8. driwash

Nov 13, 2013
    Looks great.

9. bart1

May 24, 2009
    There was a commercial engraving on the scales, and had to position the "Dolphins" to cover it.

10. Birdhunter1220

Birdhunter1220 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Love the Dirty old BG 42!! I will post a new picture of my Sm BG 42 when I get home tonight. Going to have it engraved on the lock side USS Puffer SSN-652.

11. Birdhunter1220

Birdhunter1220 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks Dirwash glad to start something that does some honor to those that served and most to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Hoping more join in. Yours look so nice. The gold just pops out.

12. Amoo

Amoo Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2017
    These are all looking sexy, I'm waiting on Bird's tape to get here :p

13. peterbright

peterbright Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Where is a good place to find these emblems?

14. Amoo

Jan 8, 2017
    These emblems are all items off of military uniforms bud. If you served cool, but if you didn't it's usually seen as disrespectful to those who earned them.

All kinds of military surplus stores carry these things if you're looking.

15. bart1

May 24, 2009
    :thumb: :cool: What Amoo said.....

16. peterbright

Jul 29, 2016
    I am a Vietnam Vet myself

17. peterbright

Jul 29, 2016
    And I expect a public apology not a back channel one from both of you.

18. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Why would they need to apologise?

19. bart1

May 24, 2009
    Peter, sorry that you took it that way. I'd just hate for you to think a SEAL emblem looked kinda cool, use it, and get your ass kicked at a bar.... Never meant that you weren't entitled to anything.... Some folks don't get it.... You should display ANY emblem you are entitled to. . Bart

20. Amoo

Jan 8, 2017
    Peter, I'm sorry if you're offended that I chose to stand up and protect the medals and ribbons we all earned, but it is something that I have always and will always do, because like you, I know what we went through to earn them. So if anytime somebody asks me where I got a piece of a military uniform and they don't tell me they served first, I will always tell them the same thing. If you find that offensive, then I'm sorry, but I fought just like you did, to have the right to do and say things like that.

Now if you want help finding something specific let me know, I'm pretty good on Google and can usually get my hands on damn near anything.