Art In Stone as photographed by Darrell Gulin

Greetings all of you who appreciate Mike's stone art. I thought I should leave some feedback on this Darrel Gulin photo Art of the Redrummd stones. Today I received 5 of the signed Canvas pieces. Three of the Dinosaur Bone, a Shattuckite and a Graveyard Plume Agate. I plan to do a grouping of these rare and unique pictures in my home as soon as I get them framed. I can assure you all that these items show well with bright colors and the feeling of depth. I couldn't be happier with the quality and perfect focus and sharpness of the images. As you can tell, I highly recommend this rare art. Hope some of you buy and enjoy these one of a kind creations from these two talented Artists.

Dennis

Thanks for your feedback, Dennis. Of course I trust Michael so I really had no doubt in regards to the beauty and quality, but it is always great to hear a first hand review from another trusted friend. Maybe I can scrape up enough to pick one up for myself. The ideal setting would be to own the knife/stone and the Darrel Gulin photo so they could be displayed together! That would come with a significant price tag, but I know it would be well worth it.
Blessings to you, my friend!
-Lance

Hi Mike, Wow! that was a huge collectors slab of Morrisonite you cut the scales from for a very fine knife you just listed on ebay. How big was this slab before you did your magic?
Awesome knife, Later Gene

Gene, the Morrisonite piece was about 8 by 10 inches. All of the green containing Morrisonite knives I have done are from the same original piece. The "blown up egg" was at the heart of the piece. I did have to fill a few of the druzy crystal lines with Hxtal (water clear UV stable polymer) to get the near perfect polish and some of the crystals in the wider lines still show slightly in the right light and angle. I got them to show a bit in one photo but you really need to look for them. The slab had by far the best pattern I have ever seen in a stone. Like I note in the listing - the signed photo on canvas is literally hanging on the wall in our living room!

Here is the link for anyone wanting to see what we are "chatting" about....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271148314169&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Darrell Gulin photo -

Attachments

• Morrisonite.jpg
    Morrisonite.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I think that this is very incredible as the photos (The slabs! Not the model!) were taken in my shop and the bathing suits are in production and for sale in Australia. The photos on which the designs are done are from Darrell Gulin, one of Canon's Explorer of Light Photographers. The Shattuckite is from the Vulture Mountain find of Rodney Frisby.

Out of respect for the model please do not post these photo's into any other public domain sites. I do have permission to post them onto this site.

For those who have one of my Gembone or Shattuckite knives I think these photos and now public sale of the suits speaks highly of the quality of the stone I use for the works I do. I truly am grateful for the stone I am honored to use and for the talent show by Darrell in the photos he has taken of the stone in my shop.....

Attachments

• 1 piece gembone swimsuit.jpg
    1 piece gembone swimsuit.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
  • shattuckite swimsuit front view.jpg
    shattuckite swimsuit front view.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 18
  • two piece gembone swimsuit.jpg
    two piece gembone swimsuit.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
  • shattuckite swimsuit rear view.jpg
    shattuckite swimsuit rear view.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20
Within the next month Darrell will be coming out to my shop to photograph knives I have finished and for knives that will be at the Jade symposium so hopefully I will have more to share of his works soon. His website now has a knives category and I hope to have some of my works to be added.

Here is a link to his site:

http://gulinphoto.com/

Last edited:
Darrell was out to take photos last week and I thought I would share some of the photos. This one is of a Damascus bladed Buck 110 with Pietersite scales.

Attachments

• Redrummd 1264PCS.jpg
    Redrummd 1264PCS.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 23
Here is a very one of a kind set of Devin Thomas Damascus bladed, Cast mini Trappers. I removed the rear bolsters on the two Trappers to make them "barehead" trappers. I then put the ultra rare Edwards Black Jade on one and equally rare pre-embargo, white Burma Ice Jade on the other one. Sometimes things really are simply black and white.....

I intend to sell these as a set and currently would sell the set for $790.

Attachments

• Redrummd 1261 and 1262PCS B.jpg
    Redrummd 1261 and 1262PCS B.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1261PCS and 1262PCS A.jpg
    1261PCS and 1262PCS A.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Redrummd 1261 and 1262PCS C.jpg
    Redrummd 1261 and 1262PCS C.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi Michael, received this beautiful set of "Simply Black And White" Case Raindrop Damascus Mini Trappers with display piece. Fits right in with the rest of Redrummd Collection of one of a kind piece's of Art. Thanks Gene

Gene,

Thank you for the kind words. The two were just an idea I had late one night in a dream. They are the first set I did specifically to be an art set.....

Mike

Back