1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

assisted stiletto

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SilentJohn, Jul 25, 2012.

1. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    i was just wondering if there are any assisted stiletto knives out there that aren't complete garbage

something similar to this that doesn't suck
    [​IMG]

2. richard thurman

richard thurman

Nov 9, 2005
    not that I can find.

3. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    damn. that sucks

4. manowar669

manowar669

Oct 1, 2002
    I asked this very question a year ago and got nothing.

5. Appletz

Appletz

Apr 2, 2011
    Sadly no (though I'd love to be proven wrong). It's just not a popular design right now. There's the Cold Steel Ti-Lite but it's not assisted nor very exciting looking. Other than that Frank Beltrame autos and not much else.

6. pibbxtra19

pibbxtra19

Jul 13, 2012
    When i went to italy they had custom knife maker that would make you one for... well... custom prices lol 500-2000$. They were fantastic knifes! No idea how you get one over here.

7. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    i ask because i live in new jersey and switchblades are very very illegal and owning one apparently automatically makes to a violent criminal that wants to kill people

i own assisted knives but i like stilettos as well and would like to add a little variation to my knife collection

8. oic0

oic0

Jun 16, 2012
    Perhaps you could get a long narrow assisted folder and have a stiletto blade made for it? Finding a good candidate for the swap would be a good bit of work and then you have to find someone to fab the blade with all of the parts that interact with the mechanism identical, but should still be cheaper than having an assisted folder custom made to your design. Perhaps more cheaply you could find some magical perfect candidate that can have its stock blade reground to what you're wanting.

9. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    yeah but it would still be expensive. maybe i will just get a switchblade and carry it discreetly

10. oic0

oic0

Jun 16, 2012
    You're gonna need two. One to carry, and one to have smuggled into prison to defend yourself with after you get caught with the first ;)

11. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    i hate that in jersey all knife owners are looked at like criminals and that if a cop asks why i have a knife i have to justify the reasons for carrying it

12. oic0

oic0

Jun 16, 2012
    I'm right there with you. In my state its a nod / wink situation where everyone has a pocket knife, but technically the law says they are ALL illegal to conceal unless you are a rescue worker who needs one to cut seat belts... So you probably won't get in trouble, but its always in the back of your mind that you could.

13. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    all i imagine is some douchebag cop taking my benchmade 275 and giving me a warning sending me on my way and then keeping my knife for himself or haveing to pay a $800 fine on top of $125 for a new 275

here is a picture i took of my knife. does it look like i use it to mug and stab people

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  14. TedOfNod

TedOfNod

Jul 14, 2012
    What about Milano swtchblades? Are they any good?

15. richard thurman

richard thurman

Nov 9, 2005
    hell no. the ones that I see that are marked that are cheap china ones.

16. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    milano are cheap garbage knives like the picture i posted in the first message

17. RandomAyes

RandomAyes

Oct 19, 2009
  18. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2007
    ^ I'd say one of those would be the best alternative. Not exactly as thin as a regular stiletto, but good enough IMHO.

19. richard thurman

richard thurman

Nov 9, 2005
  20. KrisOK

KrisOK Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I'd be careful if you get a stilleto in NJ. Make sure that it doesn't have a dagger style blade that's sharpened on both sides. Or even if it has a semi-sharp false edge.

Here's an excerpt from the NJ knife law:

Oklahoma has almost the EXACT same wording, and a friend got fined for carrying a stilleto like that.