1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Australian knife law question - specifically Western Australia.

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by SoCalEDC, Jan 9, 2017.

1. SoCalEDC

SoCalEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Not any time soon but will be going there eventually.
    Would love some info on knife laws as it pertains to folders and fixed blades.
    I will mostly be in remote areas but plan on coming into Perth for dinner/shopping as well.
    If any Aussie's can chime in..that would be awesome!
    Thanks 👍
    Dave

2. John_B

John_B

Mar 27, 2003
    Better than Philadelphia.

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    In general you have federal/Import rules, then state level. I don't know the specifics for WA, but in general you need a lawful excuse (fishing, eating, work, NOT SD). If you are in a rural area, then its much more of an anything goes situation, in town things will be different. Not sure about WA, but I think Victoria you can't take anything with a blade into somewhere that serves alcohol (just going off memory)

There are some good threads and link lists over at another forum of a similar name to this one, just more regionally specific.