1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Backwoods Blade Patterns

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by bacustomknives, Jun 25, 2011.

1. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    HERE ARE A FEW OF MY NORMAL PATTERNS I HAVE FOUND TO BE VERY SOUGHT AFTER I HAVE MANY MORE ASWELL,THESE ARE AVALIBLE IN 1095/1095 W/HAMON ASWELL AS 1095/ 15N20 DAMASCUS STEEL, ALL PRICES VERY ON STEEL AND MATERIAL USED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PEDC MODEL
    [​IMG]

BUSH/DROP MODEL
    [​IMG]

RECURVE HUNTER MODEL
    [​IMG]

BUSHCRAFT SCANDI MODELS MEDIUM & LARGE
    [​IMG]

MORE TO COME

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Stratmeister

Stratmeister

Feb 6, 2009
    Cool, love this kind of comparison and info. Thanks Bill.

3. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    Thanks Bill, its good to know your standard patterns for future reference.

4. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Hey BA, where are all the spear points ???? :confused: :confused:
    (private joke between BA & myself, long story) . . . . :)
    Be safe.

5. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    What is the blade length on your medium bushcraft scandi? Your knives really do look like useful art work. I mean that in a really nice way.

6. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    thanks , blades are usually right at 3 1/2"

7. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Folks, a reminder of something I found quite by accident a few months ago. BA has a photo album on his profile page that shows about 25-35 of his completed knives he has made. It's very interesting to see the above blades here, and then with all the different scales/handles/slabs/grips (gun guy again) types of material he puts on them.
    Well worth the time to check them out.
    Be safe.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  8. BRL

BRL Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2011
    That's a great tip!

9. MikeyJ

MikeyJ

Apr 30, 2010
    Those recurves are wicked...especially the one with the swedge on it!!

10. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Bill do you ever do anything like a roach belly or trade knife? I would love to see you crank out one like the long trail. The lines on this knife are just outstanding. The blade shape and handle contours are just amazing, although I would almost like to see more thickness in the handle near the tang.

[​IMG]

11. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    i do one i call the pistol grip, its looks like the blade on mine is wider

[​IMG]

12. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Yes it does look kind of like it. I think the top of the blade on the long trail drops down to the tip a bit more though and I really like the exposed metal on the tang on the long trail. It gives good purchase and protection against sliding up on the blade. That sure is a good looking knife!

[​IMG]

13. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    im sure i can modify that

14. goinbroke

goinbroke

Jun 19, 2011
    Hey Bill, What's the blade length and OAL on the PEDC ?

15. Damn_Animal

Damn_Animal

Sep 14, 2010
    You dont happen to have a patern similar to this knife but scaled up for a 5in blade do ya?

16. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    around 7" overall 2 3/4" blade

17. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    no sure dont, i have my bush drop model that is right at 4" blade

18. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    what's the longest blade available with your pistol grip?

19. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    pistol grips usually around 3 1/4 blade,

20. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    And the large Bushcraft scandi?