1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Bad Fire north of town, might effect work, Please Read!!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by wildmanh, Jun 26, 2012.

1. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Gents, there is a fire raging 15 to 20 minutes north of Spring City where I live. The town of Fairview was just evacuated (12 minutes north of me). Actually the whole north end of Sanpete Valley has been evacuated and High Way 89 from Highway 6 all the way to Mount Pleasant is closed.

My mom and I are getting things ready just in case we have to pull out also. The chances are slim that we would have to evac also, but we figure it's Better to be Safe then Sorry.

Here's a link to info about the Blaze: http://fox13now.com/2012/06/23/crews-fighting-sanpete-county-wildfire/

Please pray for everyone in North Sanpete right now. It's pretty hairy around here. Will keep you posted!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Prayers have been said Heber. Take care. Please keep us updated as best you can.

Mark

3. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Thanks Mark! We are fine in Spring City, but my 72 hour kit is packed and ready to go if need be.

I just heard that the North Side of Mount Pleasant needs to prepare to evacuate just in case. Friends have been notified that they can hang out at my place if they need a place to go.

Will keep you all posted.

4. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Prayers for sure Heber. Take no chances my friend.

5. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Stay safe, sir.

6. hepclass

hepclass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Hope it stays clear of you and your family,be safe and take care.

7. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
  8. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    may the winds be with you. stay safe bud.

9. niper

niper

Jun 12, 2012
    I hope you and your family are safe , my thoughts and prayer are with you mate

10. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Prayers sent Heber i hope it misses you and your towns people my friend.

Doug

11. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    The news as of 7:30 this morning is that the Fire got 1 mile from fairview but missed it. Fairview is okay. The Fire has crossed the county line to the north. From here it doesn't look bad this morning.

The Fire up the canyon doesn't look so bad today. Can't smell either fire this morning.

Life and work continues, but we will keep an eye out for changing conditions and keep you posted. Thanks!

12. ratjat

ratjat

Oct 28, 2008
    Glad you're doing good. Stay safe.

Rick

13. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Good news for sure Heber. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Mark

14. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Gents, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming for the Fire Fighters and people who lost there homes. Spring City appears to be okay, but there are still many areas in harms way.

15. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Copy that Heber. They do need our prayers.