Becker knockoff again

Just saw this..
uQEYKDa.jpg

Its in the Haller catalogue. Seems to be the exact product as the previous Böker machete.

I don't know danny???? I think your stret--------ching on this one.:D But your Becker loyalty Is Honorable:thumbsup:

The Talon holes are trademarked by Busse, and the handle shape is reminiscent of Uncle E's design.
Screenshot_2017-07-25-20-51-08.png

I don't know danny???? I think your stret--------ching on this one.:D But your Becker loyalty Is Honorable:thumbsup:

That is no stretch my friend.
This is definitely a copy of the Becker handle design. I don't know the details but I'm fairly certain Ethan's handle design is protected.

Looks to be an exact duplicate.

It sure does. But probably cheap materials. It's amazing they can do that and get away with it
I remember when someone posted a Böker blade here, and it was undeniably Ethan's handle design.

IIRC that Boker was pretty much a BK3 and there were a few others but the Boker was spot on.

I must have missed the thing with the Boker, but I'm very surprised to hear it.

I'd expect a no-name BS brand to engage in counterfeiting, but Boker is a very reputable long standing brand. Surprised to hear they'd do that.

A 420 stainless machete. Yuck!

I believe the handles are trademarked. It is difficult to enforce stuff like that when it goes on in other countries. One of the many challenges of our global economy.

That's amazing Slice. I bet you could take those scales off of that boker and put them on a Becker. I wonder if KA-BAR makes the scales in house or if they are contracted out. If they are contracted then boker has a contract with them also.

Back