Beckers and Peppers

Be sure to post up some pics!

I'm going to dry these out for seeds for next year.

zhFbnUp.jpg
Those look stunning! Dragon Cayenne?

Sauntered out back and harvested these peppers and tomatoes this morn. The tomatoes are especially delicious – sweet with just a hint of acidity. I'll track down the variety and post it here later. The large red pepper is a Cubanelle. Not spicy at all.

Tmy0sqMh.jpg

Very cool post. We grow cubanelles down here in the winter. I love their sweetness. I choose to not eat any hotter than habanero or scotch bonnet, and even those are reserved for special occasion. I love the pics of all the different varieties.

Very cool post. We grow cubanelles down here in the winter. I love their sweetness. I choose to not eat any hotter than habanero or scotch bonnet, and even those are reserved for special occasion. I love the pics of all the different varieties.

Cubanelles are great! I'm really pleased with how well our Cubanelle plants are doing. Just picked these this morn. I should have some Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets later this week.

oOvzoKSh.jpg

Next level heat.

From left to right: Trinidad Congo Habanero (up to 400 000 Scoville units), Big Black Mama (up to 1 million Scoville units) and Ghost Pepper (up to 1 million Scoville units).

4esPBWGh.jpg

Next level heat.

From left to right: Trinidad Congo Habanero (up to 400 000 Scoville units), Big Black Mama (up to 1 million Scoville units) and Ghost Pepper (up to 1 million Scoville units).

4esPBWGh.jpg
Wow, those BB Mamas even look evil!
Nice.

Smaller, but more potent (hot) harvest this morning.

Habanero, some relatively mild Ring of Fires, two fiery Trinidad Congo Habaneros, a Big Black Mamma and one Devil's Tongue.

BTW, the BK3 is an amazing tool. Always rides in the truck.

rGqYhLqh.jpg

I've had yellow jubilee tomatoes coming in at the same time. My routine has been: finely dice a tomato along with two or three peppers. Stir it all up in a bowl, hit the mix with some salt, and eat with fresh tortilla chips. So good.

Back