1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Becker's Fall Gathering 2012 - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by averageiowaguy, Nov 1, 2012.

1. averageiowaguy

averageiowaguy

Mar 22, 2011
    [video=youtube;7X9qVAzNMfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9qVAzNMfk[/video]

Audio quality for the EDC explanation is a little iffy. Turn up your sound. It is a new camera.

2. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    Sweet!

3. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2011
    subscribed!

4. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Awesome stuff. Always enjoy your videos, and appreciate the work you put into them.

5. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Great vid - as always!

6. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    I had no idea you were filming, awesome!

7. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks for the video, makes it a little easier not being there..... well it still sucks not being there lol

Your dog is a monster :)

8. tfields

tfields

Apr 15, 2012
    very nice video!

9. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Thanks doc! Love your videos.

10. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Thanks for bringing the gathering to those of us who could not make it.

11. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Saweet!
    I didn't catch it, do you recall the brand of little fixed blade that Mr. Becker had in his pocket?

Looking forward to any more videos you make. You do a great job with them, and it is appreciated.
    Especially by those of us who haven't been able to make it to a gathering.

12. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    I was wondering this myself...

13. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    Is it the Tibo designed by Mistwalker produced by Tops?

14. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Yes, yes it is!

15. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    That was actually blade #001. Number 000 was supposed to be Brian's but they spelled his name wrong so he has number 006.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of them either!

16. ThePointyEnd

ThePointyEnd

Aug 14, 2011
    AIG: Thank's for all your work documenting our shenanigans, and for being such a swell guy. Also, I love your parang. The minute I finished watching it's origin story video, I knew it would devastate any woody material in its way. I had the pleasure of swinging it a few times outside Ethan's shop. It swings very fast for its size and the whoosh noise from the holes brings a smile to my face. A nice tool!

I'm a fan of the Tibo, and I'll tell it here like I told it to Mistwalker at the gathering... It's a whole lot of utility in a small, lightweight, and surprisingly comfortable for its size package.

A note on the EDC session: I noticed a few trends. First is a trusted flashlight, just about everyone had one and they trended toward small and "bright enough". A lighter(bic or peanut) and a folder (usually a SAK/multitool or sturdy folder) were more or less universal. Also Duck(not duct, there's a difference)/gorilla tape were common. It was really fun to see just how similar our on our person kits were.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  17. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    You got style Doc........Thanks .........hurry back......Say hi to Gretchen and give that disgustingly adorable pup a smooch for me......Can hardly wait for episode 2.......

All Best....

Ethan

18. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm still amazed at how similar E's rucksack and my forrester are -- other than handle color and the order the blades are in - which is due to the type of lock - there's not really much difference.