1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Best cheap bowie knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by mustangfootball, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mustangfootball

mustangfootball Banned BANNED

Mar 25, 2010
    I am looking for the best bowie knive or bigger knife not more than 70 bucks reason for that i am not old enough to have a job i want it to look good and good performance

thanks ak-47

2. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Kabar

3. mustangfootball

Mar 25, 2010
    just like a marine fighter or what:confused:

4. pedicabdriver

pedicabdriver

Nov 29, 2007
    Ontario SP-10, maybe?

[​IMG]

5. dispatch 510

dispatch 510

May 17, 2005
    Buck 119

6. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    real cheap....winchester bowie, get it at any sporting goods store. $30 its pretty damn good.

7. XDJ

XDJ

Oct 15, 2007
    I've never handled one but I have heard a few people say that the "Hard Use Knife" from Cheaper Than Dirt is a pretty decent knife for under $10. Granted it's not a $70 knife but it's an option. You can read reviews in the link.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/DBA443-1.html

8. BryFry

BryFry

Jul 29, 2009
    +1 for the Ontario Raider bowie :thumbup: ...not bad for around $60 I think.

[​IMG]

9. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Yes, the KA-BAR USMC Fighting Knife 7" Fixed Blade runs about $45 - $50 with sheath. Very nice knife for the money.

10. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I was in a CASE outlet and they have a USMC for about $60.

11. woody d

woody d Banned BANNED

Jan 29, 2010
    i think i paid 70 or 75 for the Becker BK9, and it comes with the little BK13 piggy backed on the sheath
    [​IMG]

12. mustangfootball

Mar 25, 2010
    so the becker comes with that smaller becker

13. woody d

woody d Banned BANNED

Jan 29, 2010
    yep, thers a small pouch in the front of the BK9s sheath for the BK13. its a razor sharp little scalpel that you will be suprised how much you will use. my BK9 and BK13 prepared a deer loin for the grill tonite.:thumbup:...plus the BK9s sheath has an additional pouch for a multi tool or whatever you want to store in it. mine has a Swiss army knife and a small pair of Vise grips. get it bud, ive had much more expensive bowies, and theyve been sold off or put away, the BK9 is my go to big knife. and NO i dont have stock in the company, ive been a hunter/hard use knife kinda guy for years, and these bad boys (Beckers whole line)are the $h*t!

14. dispatch 510

dispatch 510

May 17, 2005
    Man I just watched the destruction test on you tube on the HARD USE KNIFE and othet than the handle coming of when the guy hammered it thru a concrete block the knife performed great for a 9 dollar knife. I was amazed and impressed with what that cheap knife took. i might pick one up for a beater. The sheath is crap but for 9 bucks. Check it out.

15. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Kabar makes a

16. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Whoops!Kabar makes a model called the Heavy Bowie,for a pretty reasonable price.

17. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    Get the BK 9 and don't look back.
    They are tough as nails.
    You will not regret any Becker purchase.:thumbup::thumbup:

18. mustangfootball

Mar 25, 2010
    i cant find a bk9 for more than 75 bucks

19. woody d

woody d Banned BANNED

Jan 29, 2010
  20. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Actually, as painful as it is to admit, you're right, it is pretty good for what it costs, I think I paid 25 or so for it to use as a loaner. The guard came a little loose on mine but it works better than you'd expect. Still, I'd take a KaBar USMC over it any day, the Ontario Spec Plus knives are very good and are affordable, you may also be able to find a BK-7 for 70 or so if you look around.