1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Best factory Bushcraft knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by shaving sharp, Mar 4, 2010.

1. shaving sharp

shaving sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2007
    What do you think is the best factory fixed blade bushcraft knife? Price is no object and post a pic if you can find one. Also if you have had any personal experience with the knife please share the info. on it's performance.

2. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    The new Spyderco scandi bushcrafters in O-1 look really, really good. Havent held one bit heard a bunch of good things. My dedicated bushcrafter is a custom in O-1 and scandi. For what you're willing to pay I'd check into one of the customs from a maker on this forum.--KV

3. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    Great question, I've often wondered what people prefer.

I've used Fallkniven F1's and WM1's with good results. They aren't pure mora/bushcrafters, but they work pretty well.

4. dsmegst

dsmegst

Jul 21, 2009
    After the unfortunate issues with the wood scales on the first iteration of the Spyderco Bushcraft(UK), I just hope Sal decides to continue the model with different scales. It's too nice of a design to let it go to waste. It's a little above my normal price range but I may pick up an improved version at retail price.

5. philwar

philwar

Mar 27, 2009
    Of the many =>4" blades I've tried, I like the Swamp Rat Vex the best. Excellent cutter/slicer, very good handle, light, steel holds an edge forever.
    Just an awesome small fixed blade. :thumbup: :thumbup:

6. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    I have found that my Randall #14 makes a pretty good bushcraft knife.

7. SusAntigoon

SusAntigoon

Oct 13, 2007
    As an aside, get a Mora! Probably not the "best" bushcraft knife but it doesn't weigh or cost much and does plenty good!!

8. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
    A.Wright&Sons Bushcraft is an excellent knife for bushcraft.
    [​IMG]

9. longbow

longbow Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 1999
    I am currently using a Haltifors style for bushcraft duty/hunting/fishing etc.etc. and kitchen work. Thicker than avg. spine, very very nice ergonomic plastic grip yep plastic or a variation of some type of plastic and I have a set, small and large. Both are high carbon steel, plastic sheaths, excellent grinds and razor sharp to boot. Got them as a set from MDP on the forums here for 40 bucks or so and worth every penny. keepem sharp

10. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    Fällkniven F1 or Bark River knives ( too many to list ) but Bravo 2 is very top of the list. If I ever can put myself to spend $220-300 to knife, I would definately get Bark River Bravo 2

11. Thor2

Thor2 Banned

Feb 9, 2010
    The Fallkniven F1 is going to be hard to beat. There are others that look good but a lot of the factory knives are a bit blunt IMHO.

12. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Helle

13. bobnery

bobnery Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Aurora maybe a bit big for dome also the O1 Northwest

14. Jeff S1

Jeff S1

May 18, 2008
    I have been very happy with my BHK Bushcrafter (#265), it has replaced my RC4 on my hikes. Great knife :thumbup:

15. mmarkh

mmarkh Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2005
  16. myesque

myesque

Feb 9, 2010
    Busse, or most any of there variances.
    TOPS have some great options.
    Fallkniven S1 Or F1 Or A1
    ESEE knives RC-6

Those would be very good options any way you go.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

17. chenko

chenko

Feb 5, 2009
    Enzo trapper seems to me the way to go. O1 or D2, in either skandi grind or full flat with V bevel grind. I'd go for one myself, but I already have a nice Koster in O1 and skandi grind which is basically equal, and I LOVE it (but it's not a factory knife by any mean).
    Hultafors and Moras are fantastic too, I use mine so much and alway find it awesome users.

18. sir woodley

sir woodley

Feb 13, 2006
    Really, really happy with my Bark River Northstar!

19. elkins45

elkins45

Jun 17, 2006
    None of these meet what I have learned is the 'classic' definition of a Bushcrafting knife.

The OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone says 'bushcrafting knife' they usually mean:

guardless
    Scandinavian grind
    carbon steel
    ~4 inch blade

20. cjag

cjag

Nov 15, 2006
    Vote for BRKT Aurora. Love Mine, and never feel "under-knived".