best looking BM folder?

I saw a 940 with Titanium scales, heard it was a sprint run, but man that knife is just beautiful!

-Kevin

I saw a 940 with Titanium scales, heard it was a sprint run, but man that knife is just beautiful!

-Kevin

There were a few different Ti models as well as a damascus handle model. I haven't been able to snag any of these yet (not my pics), they don't seem to come up for sale very often.

940ti.jpg

940dm.jpg

I've been diggin' AFCKs for a while and have been on the lookout for one. That large, blacked-out model is sweet!

Gotta vote for any 710--just a classic!

Here's my wicked handsome 908-1501 Stryker:

JCGEjUZ.jpg

And my 581 Barrage which has been tweaked a fair amount--de-assisted, backspacer replaced with standoffs, black thumb studs, and bolster screws switched to black:

dPcQWJT.jpg

Griptilian blades have nice lines, but those stock handles are just hideous (and feel awful in my hand). Here's my Ritter Grip in M390 with Wilkins G10 (Rittilkens), and my black-bladed combo Grip wearing a pair of Igorded green canvas Micartas (Griptigor). I picked up a 550 with a black sheepsfoot blade a few weeks ago and am awaiting my orange G10s from Igor. That blade with the Spydie hole is real good looking, but I won't bring that baby out in public until his new clothes wind their way here from Mother Russia.

9j2piby.jpg

Last edited:
Always been jealous of your black sheepsfoot in those Camp Perry's, NFD. Now I see the red G10s on the other 551. Are those Igordeds? I tried to get red G10 from Igor in his random pattern (Anso-like) for my new Grip but he didn't have the stock, so I settled for orange instead. You're killin' me, man!
--Steve

Always been jealous of your black sheepsfoot in those Camp Perry's, NFD. Now I see the red G10s on the other 551. Are those Igordeds? I tried to get red G10 from Igor in his random pattern (Anso-like) for my new Grip but he didn't have the stock, so I settled for orange instead. You're killin' me, man!
--Steve

No those red scales a Puttman and I no longer have that knife. The Camp Perry is a nice one took awhile to find those scales.

Very nice, I'm jealous. Was there ever a sprint run mini grip with a black M4 blade, or is that only available from the custom shop?

This is an old grip I had custom made awhile ago. I sent it in and had them upgrade the steel and scales. I'm not sure if they every made this is sprint run. I know they made a full size grip with m4 and g10 in black with red barrel spacers I think.

2_zpsccfc231a.jpg

My blue Bradley does it for me, followed closely by the Shoki and the Rift.

IMG_1674copy_zps89a8a6fc.jpg

IMG_1702copy_zps3ecc45a3.jpg

Last edited:
I've been diggin' AFCKs for a while and have been on the lookout for one. That large, blacked-out model is sweet!

Gotta vote for any 710--just a classic!

Here's my wicked handsome 908-1501 Stryker:

JCGEjUZ.jpg

And my 581 Barrage which has been tweaked a fair amount--de-assisted, backspacer replaced with standoffs, black thumb studs, and bolster screws switched to black:

dPcQWJT.jpg

Griptilian blades have nice lines, but those stock handles are just hideous (and feel awful in my hand). Here's my Ritter Grip in M390 with Wilkins G10 (Rittilkens), and my black-bladed combo Grip wearing a pair of Igorded green canvas Micartas (Griptigor). I picked up a 555 with a black sheepsfoot blade a few weeks ago and am awaiting my orange G10s from Igor. That blade with the Spydie hole is real good looking, but I won't bring that baby out in public until his new clothes wind their way here from Mother Russia.

9j2piby.jpg

Love the Barrage (I have the mini and full size), would love to see a picture of yours with the backspacer removed. Where did you get replacements?

Always thought the LFTi was quite the looker. Of my current Benchmades, gotta go with the 940-1.

There were a few different Ti models as well as a damascus handle model. I haven't been able to snag any of these yet (not my pics), they don't seem to come up for sale very often.

940ti.jpg

940dm.jpg

The one I saw is the blue and gray one, man those are just beautiful!

-Kevin

Love the Barrage (I have the mini and full size), would love to see a picture of yours with the backspacer removed. Where did you get replacements?

Here's a shot from last fall with my 908-1 CF Axis Stryker.

Boobar hooked me up with a supplier for the standoffs--here's the link he sent me for those:

http://usaknifemaker.com/folding-kni...a-x-165-l.html

I don't know if Gnoleb has standoffs for the Barrage. His stuff is nice and has a little more detail than those plain ones I got. You can find him searching here.

BM is real good about sending out clips and will send you small parts at no charge if you ask nicely. That's where I got the black thumb studs. I already had the screws left over from one of numerous clips they'd sent me, but I'm sure they'd send those too. Just email their customer service to inquire. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back, but they do and are very helpful.

I've really come to dislike assisted openers and the Barrage is so much better with the spring gone. Opens quickly and free-falls closed.

That is one handsome devil! I've never seen nor heard of it. What's the vintage and story with that model?

Thanks!

The BM Ares Leupold Tactical LE W/ Wine Wood scales was released in 2006. Two versions were released at the time, The Wine Wood scales version, 1500 pieces made along with a Sand colored scales version 500 pieces made. The steel is 154CM and both were offered in CE only.

I agree, very good looking knife indeed.

Well, I said I wasn't bringing the new Grip out in public until it's new clothes got here from Mother Russia. The orange G10 Igordeds got here yesterday and I shot a couple pics out by the woodshed and on the job today. Baby got new shoes!

29cBac5.jpg

DPJYxbO.jpg

Last edited:
My original gen AFCK, even a little beat up it's still beautiful. :)

DSCF6589_zps6a445f5b.jpg

DSCF6591_zps166e1198.jpg

DSCF6593_zps0db50348.jpg

DSCF6598_zpsf3ff2b8c.jpg

DSCF6599_zpsd9e6e5e0.jpg

and of course ya can't forget the first gen 730 Ares...

1-2.jpg

8.jpg

Back