• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Big Chris's First Little Hatchet

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is something a little different for me. I have wanted to make a hatchet and after sawing out some larger blades this piece just screamed to be let out.
DSCN1733_zps9a0174fe.jpg
DSCN1734_zps7c9653f6.jpg

DSCN1735_zpsfd69d5d9.jpg
DSCN1736_zpsd30a2c42.jpg

Specs:
.200 Aldo's 1084
10.375" OAL
2.9" wide blade
4.5" cutting edge
6.25" handle
Ht by maker in my digitally controlled Evenheat kiln
Three thermal cycles before quenching in oil
Green canvas micarta held on with G-Flex, flared tubes for extreme reliability of handle scales never coming off
The spots around the flared tube is oil from the flaring process, it did not come off after washing with dish soap
Sheath is not made yet but I plan on it having two straps for horizontal carry and one belt strap for vertical carry

Asking $170.
Price includes shipping via USPS Priority Mail to all 50 states with delivery confirmation, others can contact for additional shipping charges
I accept Paypal, money order, or check. Paypal preferred to chrisberry2008@aol.com.

First, "I'll take it," gets it.

Feel free to email any questions/comments to chrisberry2008@aol.com.

Thanks for Looking
Big Chris

Really nice job. A side of beef would go in the freezer paper pretty quick with it I'm sure!

Thanks for all the great comments. It was fun to do something out of the ordinary.

Back