1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Big Daghetta

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by AJR576, Feb 14, 2017.

1. AJR576

AJR576 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Any updates regarding the ETA?

2. AJR576

AJR576 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Gianni?

3. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    looking forward to the larger blades of several models.

4. Stammoss

Stammoss

May 30, 2015
    Mail call:
    [​IMG]

5. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    How's the overall smoothness including the lock?

6. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Handled one at Blade Show, it was a very cool knife. It very smooth for a hybrid backlock system. Overall the knife had incredible presence and style. I definitely would like to pick one up down the line.

7. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    GP Knives has most models of the LionSteel Big Daghetta in stock.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  8. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I just received mine in the mail today. My initial impressions are that it is an incredible piece of knife making art and skill. There is so much going on with this knife. Not just a couple of flat slabs of G-10 or titanium with standoffs to act as a handle and a place for the blade to fold into. One thing that GP Knives got wrong in the video however, is that they said the clip was reversible. It is not reversible, and naturally, I am a lefty. :O( But this one is a keeper for sure. I will just find a pouch for this one to carry it with. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

9. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Are you sure the clip's not reversible? The lock is ambidextrous it seems unlikely that the clip would only mount on one side. Is the glassbreaker removable?

10. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    The glass breaker does unscrew, and that is what holds the clip on. However, where the clip mates with the back of the knife, it is bent to match the angle of the back of the knife. When reversed, the bend is now in the opposite angle, so it will not mate. I am sure it was their intent to make it ambidextrous, but the angle was not considered. I have some pics that i will post, but photo bucket is not allowing me to upload.
    I opened an Imgur account. Here are a few pictures, as a picture is worth a 1000 words, or so they say.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is what happens when you flip the clip.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  11. ceptor781

ceptor781

Feb 4, 2012
    Is the lock essentially an AXIS system? Self adjusting and solid lock up?