1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Bill's blades pictured in an article

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by Riverwarrior, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2010
  2. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    I see nothing wrong with it ,Im sure wont either,The article is about the stoves,Thanks Mark

3. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Cool!

4. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    Thats pretty sweet!!!

5. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Cool beans,some of those are yours eh Mark.Brian must be a friend.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  6. Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    I actually wrote the article. I just wanted to share it on Bill's forum due to the recent posts about Backwoods "user" and "safe queen" knives. All of my blades from Bill are definitely users, so I just wanted to share the article showing his knives being used in the outdoors.

7. mykel m

Sep 11, 2009
    If the weather would cooperate I would be out beating on my multitasker.
    Oh well,I'll have the blackout by next weekend & hopefully I can take 'em both out for a good beating.

8. mykel m

Sep 11, 2009
    DOH!Sorry Marc.His blog,your article.:eek:
    I really liked the article.I was thinking about getting a mini gas stove for my BOB (& probably will)but got an emberlit first because I like burning wood & it's plentifull & the emberlit folds flat.
    A gas stove has advantages also & I will get one once I narrow down which one I want.
    I think for BOB purposes though the emberlit is perfect.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  9. Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    Mykel,

Those Emberlit stoves are AWESOME aren't they!! Even if I'm carrying an Esbit mini-stove, MSR Pocket Rocket, or a Jet Boil system......I will always have the Emberlit in my back pack or vehicle bag. Like you said, fuel is plentiful and free for the Emberlit...:thumbup:

10. mykel m

Sep 11, 2009
    I'm really liken' the Pocket Rocket for a mini gas stove so far.
    Still looking around though.
    Never tried an alcohol stove & don't like the idea of a liquid fuel,but they sound pretty good otherwise &
    are easy to make.

11. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    The first stove I bought for backpacking was a Sierra Zip Stove. About ....damn 20 years ago!!
    Doesn't seem that long till I start thinking about it. The new ones are a little better design than mine, better wind
    screen, battery isn't under the "fire box". Dang thing is handy; twigs, pine cones, tree bark. Throw it in, light
    it, open the damper and turn on the blower. In a couple of minutes it will have water boiling.

12. PGeo00

PGeo00

Jan 27, 2012
    Great article with awesome knives and stoves.
    I've used my homemade alcohol stove for years... now I Jetboil everything :cool:

13. Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    The JetBoil is phenomenal. Super fast and effecient.