1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

BK-2 and BK-14 Eskabar Sheath Just in! Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by MassiveGorillaz, Sep 6, 2012.

1. MassiveGorillaz

MassiveGorillaz

Jan 18, 2010
    Okay guys, I read the rules about how your not suppose to advertise so i though i would let the pics speak for themselves.

The sheaths are from Sagewood Gear. First I was looking for a BK-14 Eskabar sheath and saw that Goose had made one that you could carry vertical or horizontal in his custom gallery. So I asked if he would make me one and he said no problem!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then after significant deliberating on scout or belt style for the BK-2, I went with a dangler belt sheath. Since Sagewood makes a Kydex system to hold the knife in the sheath, I asked about the liners I added to my BK-2 and he just added some liners to his when he made the sheath! It fits great! Even with the stippling, its not a problem. I had my doubts as to weather the kydex would be too tight and not allow the knife to be removed easily or oppositely if it would just fall out when held upside down. The knife fits just right! I can remove easily and it will stay with out a doubt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also asked about the pouch on the front and if it could be removable and he made it just like I wanted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all I am very pleased.

2. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    Really nice looking sheaths

3. tman038

tman038

Dec 21, 2011
    wow.. very nice indeed. congrats. use them well.

4. MassiveGorillaz

MassiveGorillaz

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks guys! I'm ready to get these puppies to use!

5. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    Those look very nice. Wow.

6. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    Gorgeous sheaths. I like them.

7. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Looks awesome. Goose does some nice work.

8. B.Mauser

B.Mauser KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 22, 2011
    Yeah, those are so nice. I really like that 14 sheath. Goose has always done nice leather but this summer his work seems to have got even better.

9. MassiveGorillaz

MassiveGorillaz

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks guys! yeah they are beautiful! I love the 14 sheath too. There is absolutely no wiggle room. Fits in there like... a hot knife in butter?!? Couldn't be more pleased!

10. jim62

jim62 Banned BANNED

Apr 9, 2007
    C,

Nice moo pants for those blades..;)

Got a question- they look hell for stout in terms of their construction and while that can be a good thing how heavy are they?

Got an accurate scale around? I am wondering how such leatherwork compares to the weights of the Factory sheaths.

11. Eero

Eero

May 6, 2012
    Thats some really nice leatherwork. But I have to ask: have you worn them both at the same time yet????

12. MassiveGorillaz

MassiveGorillaz

Jan 18, 2010

Thanks Jim!

Man, my reloading scales wont go up that high... They are a little heavy, but not that noticeable. The bk-14 leather is heavier than the factory plastic pancake, but the factory bk-2 sheath feels about the same as the leather!

The wonderful feeling of that hefty leather definitely outweighs the little weight difference.

Plus the BK-2 is such a chunk of a knife, whatever the sheath weighs, even if it was 1oz, the knife would still feel heavy.

Dude, as soon as I got home from work, I had them both strapped on! My wife was making fun of me. I told her I'll save her from the Zombies and she said i'd be eternally grateful! (not really, just a giggle)

It made me happy though! and plus I loved how the dangler sheath felt like it wasn't even there. It moved with me, didn't bind up when I sat down, and wasn't heavy feeling. definitely ready for some hiking!

13. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice

May 13, 2012
    The more I see Sagewood sheaths the more I really want one... I just don't know for what model!! Looks like AWESOME work... I even saw that Nix recommended him since he's pretty much stopped doing sheaths for the time being.

Hopefully next paycheck I can finally get one ordered. I'm thinking maybe for my snazzy new BK7... :)

14. MassiveGorillaz

MassiveGorillaz

Jan 18, 2010
    Excellent work for sure! I think my next one will be a Bk-9 and sheath!

15. Moin.

Moin.

May 12, 2012
    Impeccable craftsmanship by Sagewood Gear. Hard to beleive its all done by hand.

Best Regards
    Moin.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012