BK21 Kukri vs. BK20 Bundok Bowie

I have a BK20, new in the box, and wondered how it compares to a BK21 as a brush/clearing chopper.

I've been using the heck outta the King still and just wondered how folks felt that have used both the 20 and 21. I've got some deer hunting archery shooting lanes to clear out a little.

Thank you for your feedback!

The BK20 is a better chopper, more balanced for prolonged hard use.

Personally - and this is certainly a matter of preference - I prefer the RBK. The canted grip and the weight forward-ness makes this a highly efficient tool for me. That being said, there are a few caveats. The thinner blade of the RBK sticks a lot more than the Bundock, especially in hardwoods - and it bites deep, so I don't prefer it as a chopper for anything over 1.5" in diameter. Anything under that, I usually cleave with one good snap cut. For brush clearing and (small) limbing, I think it's the bomb, and the recurved blade "captures" brush & woody grasses, which makes it almost as handy as a dedicated brush/bill hook style blade. If you've already got the 9, the 20 isn't that much of a departure in style/weight/use, IMO - there are differences, to be sure, but in use, not so much as between the RBK and the 9/20. Plus, snap cut. Be very careful swinging the RBK through brush and trees - it carries a lot of momentum and will just as easily de-limb human appendages.

33956961330_697bd6904c_b.jpg

Back