Bk9

Hi all, newer member here. Have had a BK2 for a few years now, like it. Boughta BK7 a couple months ago, really like it. Just purchased a BK9. Had it for a day, held it, never really used it. Next day it went in for custom Kydex sheath. Can't wait to take it for first bush outing. Thinking this is going to be my number 1. I have a Duty Belt I carried the BK7 left side cross draw and Buck 119 on right for food and small tasks. Will replace BK7 with BK9 on belt when it gets back. So excited. Will give my review hopefully soon

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. The 9 is a hell of a good blade. One of my all time favs, fo sho.

BK9Render.png

I have an array of Becker knives and I find the BK9 is the one I grab most the time. It is the king for me, even though I have the BK20, I still prefer the BK9 for general carry in the woods.

I'm sure you'll take a liking to it once you get to using it.

I look forward to reading/seeing your review. That said, please allow me to make a prediction:

You'll love it!:thumbup::thumbup:

My 9 is a total 10!

K7GILPm.jpg

Welcome and Conrats on the BK-9 loogin28; you'll love it! Looking forward to your review, and don't forget: Lots of pics! :D

Great pictures, congrats on your new 9! Ordered a custom sheath for mine from Red Feather Gear, think it's gonna be done before my backordered BK39 arrives lol
:)

Wow! Nice pics. Hopefully ready soon. She asked what I wanted to do for my Bday. I said,"Do you have to ask". Going to bush/wood cutting area/hunting area for overnighter in the super shelters. Manitoba Canada. Talked the Mama into going. Maybe the inaugural trip for the King. If it's not ready I'll fly with the BK7, which is no slouch.

Fresh out of the box:

3.png

Now:

32.png

Love the custom work on the scales NCSlice, what'd ya do to get those sweet texture scallops?

Thanks bud!

Small and large files-

Started with a small triangle file for the initial lines, then moved to a round file to widen it, then final shaping with the large round file.

Ok, now I'm getting excited. Local sheath maker not communicating with me and delay after delay. I cancelled and have ordered from Azwelke for the BK9. Getting knife back from local maker. Review will be forthcoming soon. Think I made the right choice.

Like what you did to the grips, looks like it won't work loosen in your hands while working.
Thanks!
It wouldn't really anyway. I just went for looks and luckily my design didn't interfere with the natural ergonomics of Ethan's design.

Back