Black Micarta NS S30V 112

Let me know your thoughts. Personally I love this configuration with the brushed NS Bolsters. It even gives the micarta a totally different look. This is the follow up to the 110.
IMG_5477_zpsdgrekjkh.jpg
0112BKSSH1.1__98607.1492783824.1280.1280.jpg

The brushed NS bolsters do make this very attractive. This 112 appears to have everything on it except the kitchen sink. Nice job!

With the tang already marked, there is no earthly reason to have a Buck logo on the Micarta slab.
It's too much advertising and makes it look cheap.

I would prefer a Skull and Crossbones on the shield, Aye matey! But, alas we can't all be Pirates. I think the antique looking pewter shield, Anvil and BUCK name looks classy. To each, his own though.

I agree with VorpalRain about the shield being to much, and, I would lose the nail nick. Even the early 112s with a clip point blade had no nail nick. Drop point blade doesn't look good with one, JMNSHO. I do like the combo of micarta and brushed NS:thumbsup:. Preston

I love it. It will go nicely with its' brother 110.

For me, the Buck anvil shield looks great and adds to its' appearance. That is one of the reasons that I bought the 110 like this one. Now I will have a matching set. Do one on the 301 and the 500, too!!

Another knife to get! Oh wait, I just ordered one!

Last edited:
With the tang already marked, there is no earthly reason to have a Buck logo on the Micarta slab.
Agreed. While I won't join the others in complaining about the nail nick, because it doesn't really matter to me, the excessive branding does interrupt an otherwise nice clean design, and cheapens its look. If it didn't have the buck logo on the micarta scale, I'd be all over it.

Send me that one!

I think that I will use some dye to get rid of the "ashy" look, though

Last edited:
I'm not being picky.......just trying to help.

Clean, classic looks are important. Keep it in mind for the future.

I am going to throw a curve ball. I like the nail nick. And, why not have the Copper and Clad logo on the handle instead of BUCK (thought that is okay, too) since the blade is marked?

I love it. I think the Buck emblem looks great. I'm a fan of clip points over drop points, but it's still a fantastic looking 112....

This is the first time the 112 received a cool emblem like this. In some ways the 112 is like the red haired stepchild to the 110.

I have seen that folks use Wd-40 or wax, too. I am kind of getting used to the gray color, though. They both match- my 110 and 112.

Back