1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

blackjack folding mamba stag

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by StMute, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    I've got a Blackjack Folding Mamba in stag that I've been hoarding for about the past 10 years.. taking out occasionally to admire it :D .. but I'm afraid it's time for it to find a new home. Any ideas how much it'd be worth these days?

[​IMG]

Click the thumbnails to see the larger pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I'll keep my zytel version to remember it by. ;)

Thanks guys!

2. ralph.merlino

ralph.merlino

Dec 26, 2004
    A.G.Russell had two for sale last year I think they were $125.00 for one and a stag one for $150.00

Ralph

3. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks! I haven't been able to find any listed anywhere so I appreciate it!

4. orthogonal1

orthogonal1

Oct 30, 2005
    I see Mamba's regularly on the bay (usually listed as a BlackJack only).

$70-$100 seems to be the average, but I've seen anomolies go lower/higher.

They use to be "the bomb," but I guess they have been forgotten.

5. cerberus

cerberus

Jul 19, 2000
    That is a pristine example of the folding mamba. There is a blackjack forum over "there" where you can look up more info. Tom Carey runs a board where you can possibly list it and fine out even more information. There is a great deal of info on his site and he might have leads for you on the knife.

Cerberus:cool: :thumbup:

6. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Ahh, thanks! I know eBaying them is a bit of a gamble. You just post it and hope the right collector(s) see it.

Thanks for the help!

7. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Well I registered with "knifeforums" and either the entire site is locked down for new posts or it's just me, but the "post" button is disabled. :(

Don't know if I'll ever find out Tom Carey's opinion. Ahh well.

8. cerberus

cerberus

Jul 19, 2000
    knifef***ms.com is back open now. Check out the blackjack forum under manufactures. I checked and it is open for business:D

Cerberus

9. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks! Hate mentioning other forums like that.. appreciate it though!

10. Mick57

Mick57

May 27, 2004
    Nice looking knife. Shoot me an email & let me know what you want for it. Click on my profile for my address. Thanks.

11. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Took me a few days to see your post but I sent ya an email Mick.

Thanks!

12. ralph.merlino

ralph.merlino

Dec 26, 2004
    StMute

I tried to send you an e-mail but it wont go through, e-mail me back

Ralph

13. Ryan8

Ryan8

May 9, 2005
    The best thing to do would be to follow Ebay. The plastic ones seem to sell for much less, like in the $20-30-40 range. An example in rosewood sold for over $100. I imagine that stag would easily bring more money.

14. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    There's one listed on:
    http://www.michiganknives.com/blackjack.htm
    for $265.. but it's new in box. If I'd get $200 I'll be happy.

I'm not sure why it didn't work Ralph, I'll check into it and I'll shoot you an email. I haven't heard from Mick yet, but it's only been a day. He probably hasn't had a chance yet.

15. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Bah, well it's a valid email address.. I switched it to another account. It should work now Ralph. I haven't found your email but it shows that I could PM you..

16. ralph.merlino

ralph.merlino

Dec 26, 2004
    StMute.

I cant seem to email you, send me a pm

Ralph

17. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Well geez.. it didn't save the different email address I had put in, and when I click the option to send you a private message it says:

"StMute, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Again I think I've fixed it, this time it actually sent me an email that allowed me to confirm the new email address.

18. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Aha! There's an option I hadn't enabled "Receive Email from Other Members".

Now it should finally work. (wipes sweat from brow)

19. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006
    Well.. I'd like to delete this.. but there's no option to delete. :rolleyes:
    Erase the text and it says the post is too short.

20. StMute

StMute

Feb 2, 2006

Still haven't heard anything from ya Mick. I'll send ya another email just to see if you got it.

You should be able to send me an email now. I cannot send you one however, you haven't enabled that in your profile. I have however enabled it in mine so you should finally be able to get my email address. Sorry about that. I also can't send you a pm.. only gold members can do that. I didn't realize there were so many hoops to jump through. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.