1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Blade Magazine 2012 Knife Collaboration Of The Year®: ZT 0600

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by kneedeep, Jun 17, 2012.

1. kneedeep

kneedeep

Jan 28, 2007
    Through the kindness and patience of all the great people at the Kershaw Knives/Zero Tolerance/Shun booth at Blade Show 2012, I was able to spend a fair bit of time photographing this years prototypes.
    The first knife I've completed editing is the RJ Martin/ZT Knives Collaboration ZT 0600 (which won Blade Magazine 2012 Knife Collaboration Of The Year®).
    The knife has a fairly strong detent and flips with a really nice pop. It is a large knife, but does not feel like it is large in the hand. The blade really doesn't seem its length when holding it.
    I really can't wait for this one to hit the streets. I'll keep editing the other knives (work getting in the way), in the meantime, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Compared to - ZT 0560CBCF Prototype - Rick Hinderer.
    [​IMG]
    Compared to - ZT 0560CBCF Prototype - Rick Hinderer.
    ZT0600-12 by gbkneedeep, on Flickr

2. Schuey2002

Schuey2002

Feb 25, 2003
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing these awesome pics!! :thumbup:

3. Heiheit

Heiheit

Feb 4, 2009
    Awesome! Looking forward to the rest.

4. ezoption

ezoption

May 24, 2012
    Awesome thread! Can't wait until that knife comes out!!

5. viper89

viper89 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Wow, Looks great. Thanks!

6. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    great pics! They really show the high level of design and execution. If only it weren't a recurve, sigh.

7. phrenik

phrenik

Jul 19, 2010
    Very nicely done! Gotta love a nice DSLR set up, did you use HDR for those [it looks like it but I can't differentiate as well here]. Did you bring a small white box, or did you use the powers of PS? Irregardless, love the details shown. Can't wait for more! [Have any 777 teasers?]

8. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Great...another must have :eek::D

9. Dr. 904

Dr. 904

May 25, 2012
    Great photography on a beautiful knife. Thank you for the effort in putting this together.

10. BITEME

BITEME

Dec 14, 2007
    Wow what an awesome knife,anyone know what the street price will be?

11. Str8ShooterEsq

Str8ShooterEsq

Feb 26, 2008
    Nice looking knife and great photos.

12. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    Interesting knife.

13. bakercountyboy

bakercountyboy

Nov 29, 2010
    Beautiful knives! I really want one of those CF 0560's

14. elijames21

elijames21

Jun 2, 2012
    :thumbup: amazing photography, amazing knives

15. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Great pictures Glenn.

16. beau007

beau007

Dec 10, 2009
    Holy cow! NIIIICE! Thanks for posting!

17. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    Really hope both new models 0600 and 0560cf will get to market Q4 this year :thumbup:

18. ViperAUG

ViperAUG

Apr 9, 2010
    Really nice pictures of some really nice knife's.
    Could you maybe tell us what kind of equipment (camera, lens, flash) that you used?

19. kneedeep

kneedeep

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks, no HDR involved. I used two speedlights, off camera with mini-octaboxes (one of the speedlights was bare, as necessary. Sadly, no 0777 pics, I felt like I spent way too much time taking up space in the booth, so I concentrated on this years proto's.

A Nikon D3S with two speedlights, one in commander mode off camera using an SC-29 and the other set as a remote. Lens was an old 55mm AF Micro-Nikkor. The camera body wasn't as important as the lights and the lens though. Anything that could have fired the flashes would have worked. (Honestly thinking a Nikon D3200 might have been nice to use, at a 1/3 the weight of the D3S and double the MP.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  20. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    [​IMG]