BLADE SHOW ’2017' ~ Show Us What You Got!

The damascus in that blade is off the charts cool! There is a smiling, cyclops monkey face near the tip:eek:

Darcy

I see it! :D Near the plunge line I also see evil, ghostly Scooby Do with a busted nose giving a thumb's up, but maybe I just need to lay off the jalapenos.

I'm pretty happy just to be going this year. I just had my shoulder surgery on May 2nd. I'm still a ways from being in top form. I haven't forged a knife yet. I probably will on Monday.
In the meantime, I've managed to get some stock removal knives made. I'll have five of these:
80CRV2 with silk cord wrap on Sting Ray. Kydex Sheaths.

Anyone who knows the Scary Tac by Don would certainly recognize it's a DHIII, even from a distance. But this one seems to me to really be a bit of a change-up for the Scary Tac in terms of material patterns, even scale color/shade. Don, you always seem to keep it "new". Always a classic model, this Scary Tac is "new" in eye appeal. Absolutely HOT!

Got my mid-tech stuff powdercoated and took it to get my touchmark laser engraved this morning at JB Knife and Tool, who will be my neighbor in the San Antonio colony.

Here's a Woodsman 'hawk getting frickin' laser beams shot at.

33914819364_9b694604c7_c.jpg
[/url]

Anyone who knows the Scary Tac by Don would certainly recognize it's a DHIII, even from a distance. But this one seems to me to really be a bit of a change-up for the Scary Tac in terms of material patterns, even scale color/shade. Don, you always seem to keep it "new". Always a classic model, this Scary Tac is "new" in eye appeal. Absolutely HOT!
Good eye, Bob. Thanks!o_O

Here's what I'll have for show-n-tell. 10" blade of Crucible CPM-4v, hand satin finish (!!), full distal taper, beveled spine. Overall length is just a pinch over 16". A simple oval guard made of stainless steel with satin front, rounded and mirror polished edge, a stacked spacer of stainless steel and black G10, and a coffin handle of stabilized curly koa. Knife weighs in at 14 ounces. I asked Heather of Newland Wicked Whips to make a 6' bullwhip using wood cut from the same piece for a handle, and here's the pair as they stand right now:

34598170962_6f4f605170_c.jpg

Here's a video showing the package previous to it's final assembly - please pardon the mock-up pin, as it's just holding the assembly together for the video:

This is my current lineup as of today... Hope to have a few more to add to this in the next couple of weeks. Stop by to say hello and check them out... Table 18S this year...Blade show 2017 current lineup.jpg

Back