Blade Show 2017 - Who Is Going?

Warrior108

Platinum Member
Is it silly to be posting this up already? Maybe, but I am determined to go next year. I've reviewed the two main Blade 2016 threads and have a basic starter question ...

What hotels were good to stay whether it was for proximity/convenience, cost or a balance of proximity & cost?

Thanks

Edit:Looking to make early reservations. What hotels would folks recommend?

Last edited:
I'm going. I've stayed at the Sheriton, and next year I'll be staying at the Waiverly. If you stay all weekend at either of those. Plan on about $500. It's no big deal if you pay early. On the spot it's expensive. It's worth it.

Hard to say. I don't think I'll make it next year. Maybe 2018 will be my year.

Is this open to the public or do you have to be a dealer/manufacturer to attend?

Last year two nights at the Hampton by Hilton Inn...15 minute walk through the mall....reasonable rates. Easy on and off interstate

Wow. Early. But, we will be there at the same tanle as usual. Can't wait to see y'all.

Had to miss this year, but planning to go next. Good reminder to go ahead and make reservations. Thanks!

Best advice right now for Blade 2017 is to take whatever change you have in your pockets at the end of each day plus $2 cash and put it in a jar that is not to be touched. By the time June rolls around you should have half the money you need, so the additional charges on the card or trips to the ATM won't be nearly so bad. :thumbup:

Best advice right now for Blade 2017 is to take whatever change you have in your pockets at the end of each day plus $2 cash and put it in a jar that is not to be touched. By the time June rolls around you should have half the money you need, so the additional charges on the card or trips to the ATM won't be nearly so bad. :thumbup:

Or stop buying cigars immediately.

Warrior108 - our pm's got you thinking about blade already? 😊 The fiddleback and apprentice tables really are a sight to see (and the okt hunter you snagged from the blade table via instagram this year was awesome - congrats).

A friend and I stayed at Hyatt House Atlanta / Cobb Galleria. Nice property, lobby bar, and awesome complimentary breakfast w/ made-to-order omelettes. FREE shuttle to and from the show (nice not having to deal w/ parking).

Solid advice! Like I said earlier, I don't see myself making 2017, maybe...

I definitely could see myself making it for 2018. I'll starting putting away some cash every month for Blade 2018 haha.

Warrior108 - our pm's got you thinking about blade already? 😊 The fiddleback and apprentice tables really are a sight to see (and the okt hunter you snagged from the blade table via instagram this year was awesome - congrats).

A friend and I stayed at Hyatt House Atlanta / Cobb Galleria. Nice property, lobby bar, and awesome complimentary breakfast w/ made-to-order omelettes. FREE shuttle to and from the show (nice not having to deal w/ parking).

Yes, they did get me thinking that it is generally better and cheaper the earlier that you can book hotels and flights. Although, I think I might drive and not have to deal with shipping any knives. Plus, I can take more for trading that way.

Thanks for sharing the hotel info. I'm glad to see a few responses and tips here about hotels.

I'm going. I've stayed at the Sheriton, and next year I'll be staying at the Waiverly. If you stay all weekend at either of those. Plan on about $500. It's no big deal if you pay early. On the spot it's expensive. It's worth it.

Thanks. Yep, looking to avoid expensive hotels to put more $$ towards the goodies. :)

Hard to say. I don't think I'll make it next year. Maybe 2018 will be my year.

Boooooo :) Would be nice to meet folks / virtual Fiddleback Friends.

Last year two nights at the Hampton by Hilton Inn...15 minute walk through the mall....reasonable rates. Easy on and off interstate

Thanks!

Back