1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Blade Show Hinderer TDI's!

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by Tactile sTyle, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Tactile sTyle

Tactile sTyle

Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost: Huge thank you to Rick Hinderer and the Herd!! Everyone at the booth was friendly, patient, and helpful. It was great to have the opportunity to meet all of you!

While there, I was able to pick up two very special knives. Both of them are the TDI model, but they're unique. The first one is has the Satin blade finish (according to Rob, this is one of only two made with this finish!). And the second has a working finish (this will be my new EDC). I can hardly believe that I got one, let alone two!

Here are some pictures for you all (iPhone taken, so not the best quality):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was also able to snag a stonewashed titanium Extreme Duty pen. And this this thing is awesome. Love it. It will replace every other pen I own.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. Expect a full review of the TDI soon!

2. beau007

beau007

Dec 10, 2009
    Nice score! Enjoy!

3. Tactile sTyle

Tactile sTyle

Nov 22, 2011
    Thanks, bud! Will do!

4. Machined

Machined

May 31, 2012
    You're gonna come up off one them knives, son! I should've got one when I had the chance... Congrats on the buy!

5. Capbyrd

Capbyrd

Mar 15, 2012
    I wasnt able to make it down til Friday night so I didn't get to see any of the fixed blades. Nice score.

6. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    The only thing I can imagine liking more than a new Hinderer knife - is two new Hinderer knives. Congrats.

7. Tactile sTyle

Tactile sTyle

Nov 22, 2011
    My thoughts exactly! Thanks, Rubi. And thanks to Machined and Capbyrd. Looking forward to EDC'ing this model and reviewing it for you all.

8. chris975d

chris975d Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I was fortunate enough to pick up a couple of fixed blades from Rick/Rob as well. One being a working finish TDI, the other being a blue G10 FXM. Plus, a stonewashed natural Ti scale for my 3" XM18, and an anodized Ti Extreme Duty pen. Loving every bit of it!

[​IMG]

9. Capbyrd

Capbyrd

Mar 15, 2012
    Man that FXM is pretty. I think thats gotta be next on my list.

10. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Wow Chris, that is a NICE collection :thumbup:

11. Tactile sTyle

Tactile sTyle

Nov 22, 2011
    Nice, Chris! I had originally went back to the Hinderer booth to pick up an FXM, but they were literally selling last one when I showed up. I got the second TDI, and I'm loving it. Congrats on your score, man!

12. chris975d

Mar 14, 2012

Thank you! And I love all of it. And as nice as all that stuff in the photo is, my most cherished thing I took home from Blade was the interaction with the Hinderer guys. I expressed some of that in the "paying it forward" thread with hhski about our experience Friday. I actually got to slip out of work yesterday and run down to the show again, just for the heck of it. Rob recognized me right as I stepped up to the booth again, and treated me as if I never left. Even if I had been unfortunate enough not to get any of the stuff in my photo, just the time spent at Rick and his crew's booth chatting and cutting up was more than worth the trip.

13. chris975d

Mar 14, 2012
    Thanks! And that satin TDI you picked up looks pretty bad ass! Love that finish. Wish I had seen one of those Friday!

14. BOBO

BOBO Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2005
    What steel was used for your TDI? They look like very good Pikal style knives.

15. Tactile sTyle

Tactile sTyle

Nov 22, 2011
    I think CPM 154 for the steel. That's what was used on the ones made previously. I thought Pikal used more blade-inward fighting when the knife is being held in reverse grip? I could be wrong... But it's very comfortable in the reverse, blade-out position. It's badass either way. :)

16. BOBO

BOBO Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2005
    That's a good choice for steel. Yes, Pikal is edge in, and it looks like maybe the grip would work edge in and that the spine might be thin enough to sharpen also. Thanks for the info.

17. clearytja

clearytja

Oct 17, 2002
    Bump....any info on these beauties?

TC

18. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    does anyone have an extra they want to sell :p I just barely missed that one on the exchange due to being out with friends........:grumpy: