• Larry Fuegen Cowboy Bowie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don Hanson III Stoned Ivory Bowie

• Kyle Royer Ring Guard Bowie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
congrats to Bruce:thumbup: ,and all the makers mentioned here, they all looked like winners to me.

Bill

I checked this thread about 20 times and was afraid to post anything for fear it would jinx it somehow. Just to be in the top seven spots is enough to make me nervous. Never did I imaigine rubbing shoulders with the big hitters like this group held. All I can say is Thank You gentlemen for your nods of approval.

Sorry I didnt have a better photo. I took this shot myself.

I feel I must tell you all some history about this knife. Back in 2003 I sold one of my MS test knives to a collector at the Blade Show. That same bowie won Best Fighting Knife at the OKCA Show two months before Blade Show. Six years later in 2009 I get a call from the man that bought it and he says it has a spot of rust on it and wants me to refinish it. I told him to please send it back for a look. When it gets here I discover a serious problem. There is a single welding flaw in the damascus that was not evident before but now causing trouble. Apparently bluing salts must have been trapped in the shut and festered over the 6 year period enough to show its ugly face as a rust spot. I decided to warrenty that bowie and make him another. I sent him this bowie and he accepted it in trade. Thus, my first warrenty replacement. I felt terrible about selling a defective blade especially a MS test blade.
Whew! I feel better now getting all that off my chest. It was bound to come out sometime. I hope you guys dont feel less of my work now but this is a hiway with obstacles for me. A long journey that I hope ends well in my old age.

Again, Thank You for the award. It means more to me than you know.

Congratulations, Bruce!

You display your usual blend of humor and humility in the post above, and it is a pleasure to see you get the recognition that you so richly deserve.....after many, many years of toiling to improve your craft, and put forth a unique footprint in the knife world.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Bruce,

It is a terrific knife, and good story!

Your photography, however needs work.

Best,

Peter

Bruce,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I liked working with you on your section in my book.
I like you even more after reading the above post... :)

Will you make it to the 2010 BLADE?
Aside from really wanting to meet you, many will want
you to sign your section in their copy of the book!

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Congrats to all finalists but a big one to bruce. That knife is a real stunner and I couldn't keep my eyes off it when I saw the image.

I like you even more after reading the above post... :)

David said it. Everybody makes mistakes, many are too proud to announce them to the entire world over the internet:cool:

I am relieved you guys feel this way. I was sweating bullets and almost ready to sell my forge. Well not quite yet.

Congratulations Bruce! That was one of my favorites and your knife/pistols (especially Tortuga I and II) are amongst my ALL time favorite items to view.

The damascus on that bowie is just amazing and the engraving is perfect.

Peter

Bruce, guys like you and the story you just told has a lot to do with why many of us collect custom knives.

Your story also supports the saying that "no good deed goes unrewarded".

Can't imagine that anyone would find anything objectionable about a maker standing behing his work and replacing a defect that emerged many years after the original sale. It's one thing to talk the talk about standing behind a knife with your name on it. It's another to walk the walk. :thumbup:

Roger

Congratulations Bruce!!! A real beauty of a knife and a wonderful story to go with it!

"Bruce, guys like you and the story you just told has a lot to do with why many of us collect custom knives."

Kevin's words above also ring true for me. Bruce, I'm glad you shared the story behind this knife. Having been involved in collecting a number of things, my focus has become knives largely because of the character and integrity that you and the makers I associate with hold as core values. Thank you!

Also, thank you to Roger and Lorien for making this thread happen. It has become a really enjoyable tradition.

Congrats again Bruce and all of the makers that were represented!!!

Congratulations Bruce!!! A real beauty of a knife and a wonderful story to go with it!

"Bruce, guys like you and the story you just told has a lot to do with why many of us collect custom knives."

Kevin's words above also ring true for me. Bruce, I'm glad you shared the story behind this knife. Having been involved in collecting a number of things, my focus has become knives largely because of the character and integrity that you and the makers I associate with hold as core values. Thank you!

Also, thank you to Roger and Lorien for making this thread happen. It has become a really enjoyable tradition.

Congrats again Bruce and all of the makers that were represented!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself:thumbup::cool::thumbup:

Marcel

I want to thank everyone who voted for my sub hilt. I'm honored it was placed in with such nice knives. And coming in second to Bruce's bowie is okay. Bruce, that's a fine knife.

David

Congrats Bruce...and that guard really gives it an old world flavor

I'd like to thank Roger for posting the Redoubt, as well as
the folks that commented.....Thanks..!

LOL......12345678910...nope that swedge is just right..!,

Last edited:
Congratulations Mr. Bump!!!!

Thanks for posting the Ring Guard Bowie Mr. Pinnock.

I am very honored to be a finalist.

It was fun and informative.:thumbup:

Back