1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Boarding Axe?

Discussion in 'Bear Mountain Tomahawks' started by 19-Delta, Dec 19, 2006.

1. 19-Delta

19-Delta

Oct 1, 2006
    I was reading over on Lightfighter that BM has a new axe/hawk out named the Boarding Axe. I went to the site but could not find any pix/info on it.
    I am deployed in Afghanistan and am in need of a tool to allow some breeching and other hacking chores. The doors we mainly see are cheap sheet steel with a cheap chinese lock on them. I am interested in a blade on one side and a hammer on the other as it would be easier to smash through the cheap locks with a blunt hammer end vs. trying to hit it with a spike.

Thank you,
    KUCHI 36

2. Brody R.

Brody R.

Jan 27, 2005
    boarding axes usually have spikes on the back but they do make belt axes with hammer poles on back, had one of bm's from a pass around, didn't hit any doors with it but it seemed pretty tough and had some weight behind it.

heres some examples i found of belt axes
    http://members.tripod.com/tomahawks-r-tatca/id71.htm

3. NorthStarXO

NorthStarXO

Nov 29, 2001
    Naval Boarding Axes traditionally have a curved spike to hook onto the side of a ship to board or to smash holes in the side to sink it. Ours will have the curved spike.

What you need is the Light Infantry shown on out website. Defintely a smash & grab tool. It's heavier than the Rainier and Rainier Scout so it'll definitely do the right damage you're looking for and we have them in stock ready to ship.

4. 19-Delta

19-Delta

Oct 1, 2006
    Suzanne,
    Thank you for the information. I have seen the light infantry model, but since I am Cavalry, I don't think that would work for me...now if it had crossed sabers...

Thanks again.

KUCHI 36

5. NorthStarXO

NorthStarXO

Nov 29, 2001
    We can leave the handle blank with just the Rogers' Rangers signature or we can have the crossed sabers engraved for you. If you had 4 other people who would want a hawk with the crossed sabers I'd have a custom brand made just for you guys. Let me know and give me a call if you have any questions or keep the thread going here so that others can see how the process works.

6. Bumppo

Bumppo

Jan 27, 2006
    Try a eastwing shingling hammer.

7. startan

startan

Jul 15, 2007
    19-Delta the tool you need is a US surplus firemans Ax/Haxk stainless seel I cut throuch a half inch steel cable once with mine (now gone). An other feature is the head encorporates a shafe down the front and rear of the 20 inch hickory handle. Blade in front pick at rear.

Keep you head down and good luck dude.

8. James 61

James 61

Jun 19, 2007
  9. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Sounds delicious! I can't wait to see pics of this one.:thumbup:

10. maddawg918

maddawg918

Jan 10, 2007
  11. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    That looks great!

If I was a pirate back in those days, I'd choose that over a cutlass any time.

12. NorthStarXO

NorthStarXO

Nov 29, 2001
    We are still designing a Boarding Axe, hopefully it will be ready early next year. We've just been swamped. Sorry.