1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Boker Knives... Countries of Manufacture

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by johnhunn, Aug 12, 2012.

1. johnhunn

johnhunn

Feb 10, 2008
    In looking at the the various auctions on e-bay, etc, I see Boker trappers in "black-boxes" that do not have the Soligen tang-stamp on the main blade, saying only, "Boker." These knife boxes do not say "Classic," as do the Boker knives in the silver/grey boxes...I have heard that some Bokers are manufactured in Germany, but assembled elsewhere. I would be greatly appreciative if someone could give me all of the "ins-and-outs" regarding all Bokers and how to ascertain the countries of manufacture, as well as various blade materials.

Thanks in advance.
    John

2. collecter

collecter

Aug 21, 2002
    Thats a tough one! For a while I was seeing them come here with a sticker marking country of manufacture but I haven't ordered any this year.

If buying off ebay I suggest having the seller take photos of how its marked for country of origin before you buy.

3. Ironmage

Ironmage

Jun 29, 2012
    The Boker plus and Boker Magnum are made in China.

4. Ademar

Ademar

Jun 15, 2012
    As far as I know Boker knifes are manufactured in Germany, Argentina, USA, Taiwan and China.
    Germany produces the most expansive knifes out of them.
    USA - some of Boker plus line.
    Argentina - mainly fixed blades (for example with stag handles).
    China and Taiwan share knife production of Boker plus and Magnum lines.

5. Ravaillac

Ravaillac

Feb 14, 2005
    Boker -> Germany (generally marked Solingnen somewhere now marked Boker Manufaktur)
    Boker Arbolito -> Argentina
    Boker Plus -> anywhere, generally China or Taiwan, recently mostly China
    Magnum by Boker -> mostly china

That said many webshops, knowingly or being lazy, won't go into details and call everything Boker, or imply everything is from Germany.

6. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    I have a Boker Vox Elegance BOB. Made in China. VERY nice. I love it. No issues at all. I have batoned with it also. I call it my HD Bowie tip knife. Cause thats what it looks like to me. LOL :D