1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Boker Survivor OTF?

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by jhyde7585, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jhyde7585

jhyde7585 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2011
  2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2011
  3. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    Actually, there is no dialogue on this one, and if he does say anything, its something from Europe, nothing from the U.S.
    I'm assuming Terry will say its not for sale in the U.S.
    Here is another link comparing it to a mircotech: (same channel)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFiLRNCdK9Y

4. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    True. Thanks for the follow up video. I turned on the volume this time. You were right on I didn't miss anything since there was no dialogue.

Can we asume they are made in asia? Being boker plus. From the video and I'm watching on a smartphone so the picture is a bit grainy, but it looks pretty stout and decent. I kinda want one now. Its too bad there isn't more competition in otfs, since in some states they are legal to own and carry them. Thanks again for the heads up...ill be keeping my eyes open for them.

5. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    No problem, I love the looks of these, the handle shape is what caught my eye. Hopefully Terry can shed more light on these soon

6. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    The thing about Chinese made knives is that they will work with the manufacturer and produce a product that is cheap, or that is expensive, and all levels inbetween. What ever price point the manufacturer specifies is the quality of knife he will get. Sometimes the Chinese get a bum rap on producing only cheap stuff, unfortunately, they don't get a bum rap on counterfeiting knife designs.

Btw, with the growing manufacturing, the Chinese now have the latest CNC and other machinery with which to produce knives. I've yet to get a poorly made Boker Plus knife!

7. econnofoot

econnofoot

Nov 24, 2011
    that guy is italian or something, he must be a knife retailer does alot of show videos

8. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    Yeah thats what im figuring, it must be an overseas thing? Coming from Solingen only? Not sure :eek:
    After the holiday break Terry should be able to fill us in :D

9. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    got anything for us Terry?

10. TJT

TJT Boker USA Moderator Moderator

Nov 11, 2004
    Hey guys,
    I can't find anything on this at all, it isn't in Germany's catalog, so my first guess is that it is a counterfeit. And if it was a real Boker product we would not be able to sell it here in the US.
    Terry

11. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    awwww..... :grumpy:
    Thanks for the help anyway Terry

12. acab70

acab70

May 16, 2007
    @ tjt

its a real boker ( böker ) product !
    in germany otf are forbidden.
    you can read reviews in german ( austrian ) forums.

bye
    tom
    p.s. very nice knife !!!

13. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    Hope is renewed!
    Now I just gotta find one.....

14. TJT

TJT Boker USA Moderator Moderator

Nov 11, 2004
    I have asked Tobias in Germany to check on this for me. Since he works in the Solingen branch, he can better answer this.
    Terry

15. Allex

Allex

Jun 29, 2007
    There is also a nice Boker bali on that site...

16. Marketing

Marketing Moderator Moderator

Aug 1, 2007
    Gentlemen,
    these items are "born" in Germany and built overseas, but, we are only allowed to "export" the OTFs and we also have some Balisongs, but also for export ONLY.
    Not even I am allowed to have one :-(

Those are some really nice knives, very well made and reasonable priced.

17. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    First off, thanks so much for helping out with getting info.
    Secondly, does that mean that you cannot export them from their build location to the US?

18. Marketing

Marketing Moderator Moderator

Aug 1, 2007
    No, we cannot ship these to the US.
    Nobody is allowed, to send automatic knives to the US, the ones, that are available in the US must have been built in the US or, they must have been converted, from a manual folder into an automatic, in the US.

19. jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    lame :(
    thanks a ton for getting me this much info though, much appreciated!

20. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    good info, gents. thanks to all. what a shame. knife laws....and the silly world we live in. it is what it is.

interesting on the illegal to ship into the usa automatic knives, cause we see lots of chinese made autos all over the internet from dealer sin the usa for sale. so i guess someone or multiple people are importing them illegally? must not be a highly enforced law, cause they are all over the internet easy to find and i would assume easy to track backwards from the stocking dealers back to the importer.