1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Boker Trench Knife

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by AfghanWarrior, Feb 11, 2012.

1. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    Anyone have the Boker Trench Knife? Any good?

2. rangerbluedog

rangerbluedog

Jan 21, 2010
    I have one. Great knife, super sharp, excellent balance. The only drawback for me is the handle is a little too short for my preference.

3. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    Do you have the wood or plastic version handle?

4. rangerbluedog

rangerbluedog

Jan 21, 2010
    Mine is the original with the wood handle.
    I'm not really crazy about the sheath either, but it is supposed to be an accurate reproduction, so I guess I shouldn't be disappointed that it doesn't have all the modern day improvements in sheath technology.

5. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    The blade looks like German quality, but you are right it is dated technology both blade and sheath. It still has the histrorical cool factor.:thumbup:

6. malodorousroadkill

malodorousroadkill

Feb 5, 2006
    I have one of the wooden handled ones. I like it, but I haven't had great luck getting it sharp. But then again, my sharpening skills ain't much of anything. Great balance, great grips, and surprisingly light. Wish they'd do a g10 handle version of this with a kydex sheath. I like plain edges and carbon steel.

7. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    I have the same problem as you. I try but, my sharpening skills ain't much of anything.:eek: