Bounced Email Group / Policy

For some reason I am now in the bounced email group! My email has been the same for over a year. Whats the problem?

You're not in the bounced email group now. I guess your provider had a problem and solved it quickly.

I just paid for a gold membership.When I went to the group memberships it said I am in the bounced email group.I have had this email for 4 years now but changed to another one anyway.Now what do I do to upgrade?

I just paid for a gold membership.When I went to the group memberships it said I am in the bounced email group.

No it didn't. Look again.

Now what do I do to upgrade?

You joined using the manual system and your membership hasn't been processed yet. After it gets processed you will find you have the option of joining the Gold Membership Group.

Welcome to the pirate crew!

Cant seem to join group.Bought a gold this morning.Got email from forum tonight to reset password,and conferm payment.Not a computer guy.Need a little help please

You are not in the Bounced Email Group.

Your membership upgrade has not been processed yet. When it is you will see the option to join the Gold Membership Group. That will probably happen sometime during East Coast US business hours tomorrow.

I got the message that I was in the Bounced Email Group and all of my subscriptions were deleted. That would be fine except that I was using some of those subscriptions, with no email being sent, to track knives I had purchased. I can see that was a mistake. I have no problem with email but occasionally, a hiccup occurs and email is bounced. There is no way I can control it since my email is entirely internet based. I think the policy of deleting all subscriptions, even those that don't generate email, is draconian. It makes the entire subscription feature useless since subscriptions could be deleted, without warning, at any time. I will track purchases some other way in the future.

I replied to the PM, but if that doesn't work... can I please be taken out of the Bounced Email Group.

edit: I removed myself from the group.

Thanks, Jim

Spark -

With due respect and consideration, I think that a total ban after just one warning is unduly harsh regarding this particular issue.

Reason being that it involves third parties (email providers, ISP's, etc.) over whom we do not have control...certainly not immediate control.

I have started getting the doomsday message and I don`t know why my email is the same it has always been and I get auto emails from my subscribed posts with no problem.:confused:

I got the message that I was in the Bounced Email Group and all of my subscriptions were deleted. That would be fine except that I was using some of those subscriptions, with no email being sent, to track knives I had purchased.
I can't tell what you are using subscriptions for (or anyone for that matter). What I can tell is when I start getting 50 or so bounced emails going to jgkelly. That wastes my time, especially when it's repeated by 50 users. Daily. The first couple times I ignore it and just delete the emails out of my inbox. When it persists, I take action.

I can see that was a mistake. I have no problem with email but occasionally, a hiccup occurs and email is bounced. There is no way I can control it since my email is entirely internet based. I think the policy of deleting all subscriptions, even those that don't generate email, is draconian. It makes the entire subscription feature useless since subscriptions could be deleted, without warning, at any time. I will track purchases some other way in the future.
You can do it however you want, but if your emails bounce, the subscriptions are gone. I can't pick and choose what subscriptions I delete - the option I have is delete them all or leave them alone. If I leave them alone, I get bounced email.

With due respect and consideration, I think that a total ban after just one warning is unduly harsh regarding this particular issue.

Reason being that it involves third parties (email providers, ISP's, etc.) over whom we do not have control...certainly not immediate control.
Which is why you aren't banned immediately - your subscriptions are deleted and you are back to square one. You are expected to fix your email or switch to one that works. If you don't and keep on the merry path, then I'm going to ban you simply because I don't have time to waste on someone who's unwilling to have working email but wants to fill my inbox with bounced messages.

I have started getting the doomsday message and I don`t know why my email is the same it has always been and I get auto emails from my subscribed posts with no problem.:confused:
Chances are you are just noticing it then. The new notification system just came into place with the software upgrade.

Spark would it be helpful to write a E-mail filter that deletes your bounced mail messages? Are they useful for anything?

Yes, they serve a purpose. For example, if I'm sending you messages and you are ignoring them, or your mailbox is full, then that's different than if they aren't getting to you because your ISP is dumb.

it showed i was on thebounced list. i am not a computer guy but i am trying to make it thru this. my old user name was yip howl i paid for a name change and bought a knifemaker subscription. i tryed to change my user group but it said my e-mail address was already in use so it wont let me change . i e-mailed for a password change and it gave me a password for yip howl instead of rickmenefee. the e-mail which is correct is rmenefee@pldi.net it keeps coming up as rickmenefee@pldi.net what do i need to do. i dont want to be banned the first day

I have a "bounced E-mail thingy." in my user groups. I have had my E-mail addy for years. I don't get it. :confused:

You are not in the bounced email group. Do not join the bounced email group.
Thank you. I thought there was suddenly some issue with my E-mail addy, since that was there. I wouldn't join that group! I just wanted to check!! THANK YOU Cougar!

Help

I just recieved my email saying my knifemaker account was activated. So i went to change my user group and i am in the bounced email group. This email i have always used for bladeforums and have always recieved my mail from blade forums Do i have to use a different email even though it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Bob

Back