1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

BR Gunny

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Razor, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    I just traded for one, and was wondering if anyone had used one for a woods, bushcrafter knife? It sure feels good in the hand.

2. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    Hands down - one of my favorite knives out there. You did good.

If you decide you don't like the thumb ramp - send it to BRKT - and they will take it off for you and put it through their 'spa treatment' for a very inexpensive price.

Did you get the Gunny Sheath with it? If not - I have an extra I would be happy to sell cheaply.

TF

3. DOC-CANADA

DOC-CANADA

Apr 14, 2006
    I also have one - it's a great little knife. I just wish somebody would make a kydex sheath for it - the leather one sucks. Just MHO, of course.

Doc

4. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    Nah - just make your own:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

TF

5. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Got the sheath with it, and I like how the knife snapps into it.

6. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 18, 2007
    The Gunny is one of my favorite blades. Mine has had a ramp-ectomy. It's one of my go-to knives on every trip.

That is a beautiful Gunny sheath! That is very nice!!

7. acv

acv

Jun 4, 2003
    A great woods knife! You can even have BR modify the blade shape ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Here's mine:

[​IMG]

9. Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007
    Major D:

Did you just get that knife - or just get it back from the Spa? That finish is what all BRKT's is looking like these days. It didn't used to be that clean - but man - it looks NICE now.

ACV:

Did you have them drop your point a little more and make the sabre grind a little higher? I like BOTH of those knives guys!

TF

10. newknife

newknife

Jul 6, 2008
    I didn't realize the spa treatment was free until I called Bark Rivers today. I'm sending my Bravo in. Here's what it looks like now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  11. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007

I actually had this Gunny rehandled to my combination choice. This Gunny has red and black liners as well as the custom pins. The guy that does rehandles for Bark River makes an exact copy to the factory handles. This was really comfortable when I got it back. That said, once I received it I took varying grits of sand paper and worked the handle to fit perectly. It's tailored to my hand now. I also wanted a satin finish so I ended with 1500 grit. This has been used a few times since. A little flitz on the blade and she's back to new.

12. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Newknife I am very familiar with BR spa treatments. I've sent quite a few knives in over the years. That will come back looking like new. Be sure to post some pictures.

13. Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007
    It will look awesome I am sure.

They will even put the logo's back on. ;)

TF

14. newknife

newknife

Jul 6, 2008
    I will. :)

15. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Here's mine. To me the blade is a lot like the Fallkniven F1 but not as wide and thick.

[​IMG]

16. acv

acv

Jun 4, 2003
    Yes a little more of a drop point - no change in grid though.

17. Aidansdaddy17

Aidansdaddy17

Mar 30, 2012
    Just got my Gunny in the mail. First Bark River! Chose this over the Bravo-1...wanted something smaller yet similar. Opening now...

18. RatDrall

RatDrall

Feb 7, 2009
    I thought the same about the sheath that came with my Bravo 1, so I sent it back to Bark RIver and they made me a kydex sheath for it.

Then I made my own, because I thought I could improve on the retention:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]