Brand new Busse fan here! Now with Photos. :)

How did I not know about these knives? Admittedly, it's been years since I was a total knife fanatic, but my new to me Batac is a knife I would find impossible to describe to anyone even if then know knives. I tried to explain it to a couple of guys at work but their big, saucer shaped eyes when I handed it to them told me that I CAN'T explain how impressive the knife it.

It's not unlike Randall. I always knew they were great knives but they're at a level that just feels more solid and complete than most of the customs that I've owned. The Busse is the same way only MORE.

I'm already looking for my next Busse.

I'm doomed.

Pity me. :D

EDIT: How was I to know that anyone would want photos? You've seen 'em all before. Then I realized that, as a Telecaster fan, I pretty much want to see every one of those guitars ever made. :)

So here you go! My Batac and Game Warden. Both fat, both cool as all that and both INCREDIBLE knives. It's funny, I already knew what a thick Busse felt like because of my Batac, but I was still surprised by the heft and overall feel of the Game Warden. Even owning a Busse didn't prepare me for another Busse. I'm still trying to sort that out. ;)

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

Last edited:
I took a CGASH1 with a mirror polished spine and a d-guard to work one day for some "show and tell" since all my coworkers are outdoorsey/gun/hunting nuts. Common responses were along the lines of WOW!!!!, WHOA !!,DAMN!!!!, or WHERE DID YOU GET THIS ?!!! I know what you are saying.

You're not doomed . Your back account on the other hand ..............DOOOOOOOMED! :D

Welcome to the forum and the sickness that is Busse knives . I find the easiest way to deal with it is to follow Jerry's advice and "drink!" :very_drunk:

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS !

Welcome to the madness...

There is no cure... :D

Welcome to being broke ;) Where are the pics bro?

Soon you'll be looking for the next, next after and the series .... and it'll go on and on.... :)

Bankrupcy and divorce could be in order if you aren't careful. :D

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the welcome.

This new knife really makes me say, "Wow, I had no idea!" I still can't believe the presence of this knife. It's like a big, heavy jewel.

I'll post pictures when my fatty Game Warden comes in later this week. :)

You're not doomed . Your back account on the other hand ..............DOOOOOOOMED! :D

Welcome to the forum and the sickness that is Busse knives . I find the easiest way to deal with it is to follow Jerry's advice and "drink!" :very_drunk:

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS !

I dunno, every time I drink excessively, I end up with another Busse (or two :p) on the way to me. Let's drink!

Oh, and welcome! :thumbup:

Hey Rhinoman!! Do yourself a favor, look up as many Busse and kin(Swamp Rat and Scrapyard) as you can online, get an idea for what colors you like along with what models then STICK TO IT!! Unless you have a lot of money to burn, which isn't uncommon for a knife collector, you will spend way more than you intended. You will like a certain model, then see a color you like, then buy it, then see the same model with a different color blade that looks better to you, then you buy it, then you find a discontinued model that you like in any color, its the FBM for me, and then you buy them over and over again. I have 8 FBM's now, and none of them are black w/orange+black G10, which is my favorite combo. Thankfully they hold their value and can be re-coated, re-handled, re-finished, etc. by Busse for a very reasonable fee unless it was defective.

I started collecting Busse and kin late last year and I think I am getting close to 100 pieces now. Be careful and good luck!! :)

Back