1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Browsing a knife site, i saw this THING...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BePrepared, May 24, 2012.

1. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    how the heck is this thing $365.00? This is unbelievably stupid looking, and i can't even figure out what it would be useful FOR

[​IMG]

2. THE PUNISHER

THE PUNISHER

Nov 24, 2008
    is that a extrema ratio?

i think i got the name right,if it is they are a robust knife.

3. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    i actually dig the concept and execution of the RAO... although its a bit impractical for regular folk use, the knife was very well thought out even down to the sheath. ive lusted for one a couple years ago.

that being said, i went and purchased a cold steel rajah II instead to subside my folding fixed blade itch

4. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    I am now imagining how many different knives could be pictured in that post, lol.

5. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Gold Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I saw that thing at a Klingon proctologist's office once. I ran out the door like a bat out of Hades.

6. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    Same could be said for most of ER's lineup. For 300-400$ per fixed blade of theirs, you can get something here that has better steel and handle materials for less. And way better warranty/customer service too.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. Grease

Grease Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2012
    But it's tactical!

It almost looks like they wanted a double-edged tanto...

8. Joshua J.

Joshua J.

Feb 27, 2005
    I've almost bought that knife a dozen times. No re-curve, no thumbstuds (though it would be better with the stop pin in the blade), great lock, flat spine, big handle, maximum edge length. It just needs a flipper and a clip fit my description of an ideal folder (well I guess it should have a distal taper full flat grind too, and S110V, but it's got a lot going for it as-is).

9. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Not my forte', & Noss' videos appear to have gone the way of the Dodo, but only folder to stand up to the abuse he put it through...

10. A.P.F.

A.P.F. Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Just getting over stomach flu, my muscles are killing me and you start making me laugh - Thanks Noodle!:grumpy: :D

11. ChrisB507

ChrisB507

Mar 29, 2005
    I think that would be a great knife if:
    - I had more money than I knew what to do with
    - I wanted to tactically tenderize a steak at night

12. USMCSNIPER34

USMCSNIPER34

Jan 26, 2009
    Is it an extreme ratio or sniper bladeworks? And as far as price goes I dont think it is any diffrent then a strider or crk just my opinion

13. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
  14. fatherhudson

fatherhudson

Apr 3, 2012
    personally i would never spend more than $30 on a knife like that. It looks really gimmicky to me. Just not my thing.

15. BigLebowski65

BigLebowski65

Apr 28, 2010
    I always liked this folder, just not enough to spend the shekels. Didn't Noss bust through 2x4 with this?

16. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    It is a tad pricey, and awfully big....I think they call that robust.
    The lock pin is an interesting idea, you sort of wind up with a folding fixed blade.

Don't know if Noss tested it, but I imagine it could handle a 2x4, but then so can a saw.:D

17. BigLebowski65

BigLebowski65

Apr 28, 2010
    This is surely known to be true, but where would be the fun in that? ;)

18. JulianHayes

JulianHayes

Mar 17, 2012
    They are supposed to be pretty tough, but for the money.. Well, they are Italian..

19. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Its an Extrema Ratio. They are high quality knives by all accounts. This looks like it was designed for military use. A folder you can pry with... I think the price has something to do with its European origins and the exchange rate.

20. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I think he did back in the ESEE-4 knifetest.com "review". I recall it was a folder that had a locking screw. Can't be too many of those around.