1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Buck Collectors Club (BCCI) Lifetime Membership Discount Prices

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by AfghanWarrior, Apr 24, 2012.

1. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    When at the Oregon Knife Show #37 the Buck Collectors Club table said BCCI lifetime members pay 5% over wholesale plus S&H on all Buck Knives (not just BCCI ones)? Is this true? From who? I do not see it on the the thread on this site?

2. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Not quite true. As a Life Member, you can order any Buck (available at the time) from Larry Oden who is the Vice-President.
    The deal is, Lifer's get the knife at cost or wholesale, (50% of retail as shown in the catalog) plus 10%. If your knife or knives are part of a larger order that Larry places, you will pay your part of the shipping from Buck to Larry and then shipping for your knives to you from Larry. If yours happens to be the only order from Buck to Larry at the time, you will pay the full shipping both ways.

You are also entitled to buy two knives per calender year direct from Buck through their "Pro Site". They give massive discounts as you can see from the screenshots of just a small part of the catalog pages below that show the Pro Site pricing. Be aware that the knives are not always available for purchase and may require you to wait for months to be able to purchase them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    For instance, say you order a Buck/Hood Punk from Larry. Catalog price is $180 so your cost is $90 plus $9 for a total of $99. You will pay shipping from Buck to Larry and then shipping from Larry to you. If the shipping to Larry is pro-rated with other buyers and costs you, say $3 and shipping to you is $7 or so, you will pay about $119 total.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    Wow...you are very detailed. I will get my life membership in the mail this week. Two knives per calender year direct from Buck through their "Pro Site" would make it worth while for me.:thumbup:

5. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Access to the BCCI website with all it's information alone is worth the cost of membership.

Like I said though, you can wait all year and sometimes longer for the knife you want to become available on the Pro Site, so don't hold your breath while waiting.

6. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    What I've always wondered is that if I buy $50 or more from directly from Buck the shipping is free. You would think the dealers who buy a whole lot more than that would get free shipping also.

7. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you. That would be a question that Larry or someone at Buck would have to answer.

8. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    If you haven't heard about it, I think Buck has a discount program for military vets and retired vets.

As I recall it, you have to send them documentation of your service and it may be a slow process, but there was a pretty good discount involved.

You'd probably want to call Buck direct if you're a vet and check for current info and details.

9. mbjannusch

mbjannusch

Apr 1, 2010
    I am a lifer and dont know where to find access to there Pro Shop

10. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    You've got mail. /Roger

11. oregon

oregon Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Thank you guys for posting about this topic.

I joined BCCI in 2010, became a life member in 2011 and it has been fun and exciting.

I get on the prosite OK but I've never seen the red colored purchase prices until Dave posted a screen shot. I signed up on the prosite from instructions on the back of the Collector's Club Members Discount Program card that I received with my welcome mailer. I've sent an email to see if there is a fix. Here is the contact information if anyone else might need it:

"If you have questions regarding your Pro Site status or if you are experiencing any issues or technical problems, please contact:

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: (800) 326-2825, ext. 3.
    Hours are Monday-Thursday 6:30am - 3:30pm and Friday 6:30am to 12:30pm Pacific Time "

12. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008

Strange that you don't see the Pro Site pricing. I just logged in again, and sure enough, the discount prices show up as usual. Are you logging in with your e-mail address and password?

13. jb4570

jb4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Hi Guys this is a good topic. Now I have a question, when I go to the pro site & log in I see the red price just like Dave has posted. But, here is my question....I took a look at the 113 and the red price on the page is $33.60, I click on the photo to read the info and the red price is higher $50.40. So the question is what price do you get charged? I have never bought one from this list and if the price on the page is correct maybe it's time!
    jb4570

14. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    I sure am glad that I've always been able to see those red numbers!!

Are you sure there's not a case of color blindness involved here?

Some people can't see red numbers, you know.

;)

15. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Be careful, JB!!!! Did they ask you to send the money via American Express???

:D

16. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Weird jb, here's what I got just now. These are screen shots taken minutes ago. First is the page, the second is what comes up when you click "view details". selling price is the the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    Yes, I log in with my email address and then my password without issues every time. I only see the black numbers on the left. There are no red numbers on the right, only spaces. My original sign up involved a code on the back of the card you get with your first mailer and I guess that this code wasn't recognized.

I'll ping Joe H. if I don't hear back from the email in a while or maybe call the phone number I listed above.

You guys have been getting kicks I've never known you lucky fellas you.

18. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    Question: Do the red, discounted prices, ever go away for you successful users? For example, when you've bot your yearly limit of goods.

19. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    You have a point. But if you comb your hair just right no one will know. I only see red when I read your posts! :)

20. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    I didn't use up my purchases last year and I don't remember if the red numbers went away the year before.

I can see ok.......just can't remember much.

:D