1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Buck Vantage Paperstone initial review

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by daemonza, May 31, 2010.

1. daemonza

daemonza

May 18, 2009
    Picked up the little knife this weekend. First impressions, it locks up quite solidly and inspires confidence, blade is sharp, used it a couple of times to slice through lemons, and apples, some beef jerky, cut some cardboard to test it and cut some strings it can be sharper, but it's pretty decent for this price from the factory. Not sure I like the paperstone scales on the handle that much, nothing wrong with them just I think I would prefer something else. Blade seems to center well in the handle when closed, the only problem I have is the pocket clip came a *little* loose, not big deal thought I just tightened it up again. The size of the folder and the deep clip makes this a perfect EDC knife for me.

Sorry for the bad quality iphone photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    Oh, nice! Thanks. Paperstone did caught my eyes when I was looking Buck 55's. Definately not bad for the price point. I like Ergo's of my Buck Vantage Pro, so I might later aquire Paperstone. I've heard good things about Buck 420HC.

3. daemonza

daemonza

May 18, 2009
    Forgot to add the flipper action to open the blade works quite well, blade comes out smoothly, almost feels like it's assisted opening, but it's not.

4. tom19176

tom19176

Dec 7, 2005
    I have a few of the blue paperstone handled vantages, and while I like them, I perfer the three other handles better. All mine where perfect as to fit and finish.....