1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Busse Combat, Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard knife reviews needed.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Pokey1, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011

Here is what I'm looking for guys! :D We need either a review or commentary that explains what you like about any/all of these models. If we choose your review, it will be featured in our advertisements or future promotions. Please make it less than one paragraph. We may use all or parts of your submission. You must include your real name or initials, city and state. Please specify if you would like your real name or initials published if your review is chosen.

Busse Combat

1) Argonne Assault Light Brigade
    2) Team Gemini Light Brigade
    3) Anniversary Mean Street Limited Edition
    4) Anniversary Mean Street Combat Grade

Swamp Rat

1) Rodent 3
    2) Rodent 4
    3) Rodent 6
    4) Rodent 9
    5) Rodent Solution
    6) Rodent Rucki
    7) Ratmandu
    8) Rattle Hawk
    9) Kill Devil Sniper Hawk

Scrap Yard

1) SYKCO 311
    2) SYKCO 411
    3) SYKCO 511
    4) SYKCO 711
    5) SYKCO 911
    6) Scrapivore CG
    7) Hot Diggity Dog Dagger

Please email me at [email protected] with your submissions. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

2. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    will do.

3. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Just keeping this close to the top.

Garth

4. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    are picture's allowed with the review? they are worth a thousand word's.

5. J&G-Designs

J&G-Designs

Jul 27, 2012
    :thumbup: Hope your servers are ready...:D

6. dingy

dingy

Feb 19, 2008
    there is not any a test on Swamp Rat which push it very hard , i really wanna see a" tough test" on SR101 knife , especially i like some impact way of testing.

once there was a good chance that i can get a RMD in a chinese knife forum with a reasonable price , but i missed it.

7. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Great reviews so far everyone! Keep them coming please ;)

8. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    I just added one to a different thread? Do they need to be merged? Adjusting fire..... Damn reading comprehension is a lost art. I jsut sent the email. Old eyes are my latest excuse.

How long of a paragraph? Just asking as, I have to do similar marketing at times in my position. I have found limiting the message to 4-5 sentences has more impact as most people will not read longer descriptions. For example, my thoughts on the RS.

During my 30 + year hunting career I have been searching for the perfect knife. I process over 50 animals in some years and have never been 100% satisified with a knifes performance. Once I discovered the Rodent Solution I knew my search was over. The 3.8" blade length combined with the handles abilty to seamlessly melt in your hand makes the RS the perfect hunting companion. The SR101 steels edge retention allows me to handle multiple animals before needing to resharpen and the micarta grip makes clean up a snap. I can truly say my search for the perfect hunting knife is over.

Robert Wiegel, Austin TX
    I have no issues using my information for marketing
    Is this what you are looking for? PM if you need more "puffery".... as I only have the RS, CABS and Scrapmax340 still in the stable. Last edited by RWT; Today at 05:02 PM.

9. hunterseeker5

hunterseeker5

Sep 30, 2010
    Hi Pokey. Could you please give us a rough word count or character count for these reviews? It would just give me (and hopefully everyone else) a bit better idea of the sort of size review you're looking for.

10. Street Samurai1978

Street Samurai1978 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Pokey, I'd be happy to give you a review of the Rucki. All you need to do is call the company and tell them that I just placed the order yesterday and we need to know what the hold-up is? Seriously, when it gets here, I'll do a review. In the meantime, I have a 1311 that just arrived demanding some QT.

11. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    You ordered yesterday and it not in your hands yet. I will have to talk to the Production Manager about that. :p

12. Highrisk

Highrisk

Mar 24, 2013
    While you're at it. Can you check on my TGLB? It's been a solid 4 days since I ordered it. I was hoping to use it this weekend. :rolleyes:

13. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
  14. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    We ask that your review be 4-5 sentences. If it ends up being a little longer than that, it is ok :thumbup: We will either use all or parts of your review. Thank you everyone :)

15. RussMo

RussMo

Apr 1, 2007
    Will do Pokey!!!

16. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Haikus?

Infi and bacon
    Two items you should have
    Better buy Busse

Infi and Bacon
    Two items you should have
    Busse will not rot

They are nuclear
    The Indestructible knives
    Lifetime warranty

Lexi and Pokey
    Lora, Beef, and Jerry Too
    The Busse Knife Crew

You only live once
    Better make it a Busse
    Best knife all around

Order knife and wait
    2 weeks is what you will hear
    Don't worry, drink beer

I like my haikus
    And my Busse knives are sweet
    Bacon and Turtles

Infi is a drug
    Addicts are welcome to join
    Cure is more infi

Busse Combat rocks
    Customer service is tops
    I need more infi

Sorry I can't be of more help :)

17. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    I LOVE IT!!!! LOL :thumbup::thumbup:

18. Lora7

Lora7

Aug 4, 2010
    INFI haikus! You are quite tallented, but somehow I'm now comparing you to Edward Norton's insomniac character in Fight Club.

19. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Haha. I am Jack's rage as he hears the words "Two Weeks" :D

20. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Knife reviews are still needed :) We appreciate anything you can send our way. Thanks everyone :thumbup: