Busse users thread

My TGLB has handled some tough jobs, but today it was just cutting cantaloupe. After the first one was done, I left it on the counter to grab another... I have four kids, we go through food quick.

When I got back, I found my wife using it to cut little pieces for our toddler--she shook her head and said, "this thing is medieval."

Agreed, baby. :cool:

2motvec.jpg

Last edited:
ZA - Thanks Bro! She is doing great, been an amazing 3.5 years :)

Well every one I own is a user. Photo bucket has most my pics so here is a few from Imgur.....
DX4LLQg.jpg
V9RD6xn.jpg
zCHM715.jpg
29zJi6E.jpg
kdU8gcB.jpg
S8Fan6O.jpg

Last edited:
I have sooo many pics on PB but there holding them ransom!! Jerks! Guess it gives us a excuse to get out and take new pics and use imgur to post them :) great pics everyone. Love the tree of knife also. Cool idea.

why debark? great pic by the way.

Thanks!

I don't really need to debark, it's mainly habit. When eucalyptus dries the bark starts to loosen up and when you split the wood once it's properly seasoned the bark falls off and you end up with a big pile of bark that's unusable. The tray of my ute tends to have an inch thick layer of the stuff whenever I'm cutting loads of firewood and don't debark it. If you burn that thick eucalypt bark it sends a lot of sparks and ashes up the flu without adding much in the way of lasting heat.

I ran into a similar situation as my original post a couple of weeks ago, but with a bigger tree...

eALeLA8.jpg

It was near sunset and I'd been 4WD'ing over some pretty rough country and really didn't want to turn around at that point so I tried to get through it.

First cut, using a couple of wedges to hold the cut open...

EW8O0jl.jpg

That's a 20" bar saw and the log was so thick I had to cut from both sides and the cuts only just reached each other. The Infidu was used to carve a line around the whole log to ensure the cuts from both sides lined up. You've really got to scrape the tip of the knife hard through the wood to get a visible groove, so I'm glad it's built nice and solid.

I got through two cuts about a car-width apart, but the side lying on the ground couldn't be cut all the way through so I tried just yanking the cut section out with a heavy chain tied to the back of the truck. No luck, but I felt the chassis shake and creak a bit! It would have taken another cut or two to get it out but it was dark by then so I gave up and turned around. 4WD track in the dark through the forest for about 30 km, including going up a hill maybe 5 or 6 km long that was steep enough at many points that my tires were spinning and sliding and I wasn't sure I'd make it up.

Felt good to eventually make it back to the highway. Worth it though; after a day of exploring wilderness creeks for gold I had found one speck !!

Back