1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Buyers's remorse or the deal you didn't make on a CRK

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by clockman, Mar 15, 2017.

1. clockman

clockman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I think some of us may have had a chance to buy a CRK that they wanted, but you passed on it.

I wanted a large Web Site in 10'. I found a site, OFK, that thought they had one, they said they'd check and for me to call back the next day.

I called back, the WS wasn't in the correct box. They had a large Native American that I didn't buy. I didn't know much and didn't like the NA as much as the WS.

I bought a TNK tanto Zaan instead. I think about not buying the NA sometimes and really wish I had bought it for $454.

Anyone else have a buyers' remorse experience.

Edit: I may have started the same thread a few years ago, I'm not sure.

2. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Too many to list my friend..... TOO many to list....!!!!

3. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    River of Fire.. I seen them come out and had a large in my basket a few times.
    I should have pulled the trigger on it..and then again and again.

4. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Many I didn't buy .Many I sold
    I can't buy & keep everything

5. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    Missed a few, snagged a few. I dont get too caught up in "missed opportunities" as buying and selling is part of the fun! I do remember missing a Large LDC off of ebay by less than 1 sec(and i know who has it!!!) Lol!

6. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm not really into the graphics. I like to look at them and appreciate the artistry but I've never wanted to own one. Maybe one day? lol

I do however regret selling my first CRK that I purchased. It was a small 21. I sold it to obtain a large 21.

7. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Couldn't make a deal on the old pivot 'Zaan w/ the OTS recently on the exchange..trade declined, MO not accepted..more frustration than remorse..

I never regretted anything I've bought..only sold..I do regret not having PP sometimes....cost me a few deals over the years.

8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I saw an Aviator several years ago at a consignment shop for I believe $100, and looked at it and stupidly put it down. I thought about it on my way home and went back to get it but someone had snagged it already:(

9. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Think twice, cut once.
    I found the misspelling and back to CRK it went.
    I should have bought it instead. ;)